Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No TACC or Autopilot - Genuine issue or bad service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Im glad they are taking your request a bit more serious. Ill give it a few weeks until I raise my 4th service request, Ill be at the 3 month mark then!

Out of interest my auto high beams still pick up when a car is there and turn off, my guess is that this doesn't use the Autopilot computer?

Nice! Im glad they are taking your request a bit more serious. Ill give it a few weeks until I raise my 4th service request, Ill be at the 3 month mark then!

Out of interest my auto high beams still pick up when a car is there and turn off, my guess is that this doesn't use the Autopilot computer?
Same, lights and wipers work well.

It also is fine monitoring lane markings and warning if I’m “drifting”, plus sees speed signs and road furniture (cones and signs). It’s just other vehicles!

Reactions: ShiftySuperior
What’s your car?
I’m a 2021 Sep SR+ M3
VIN LRW3F7FA2MC318###

Have you ever had an issue with updates? They had to do some work to move me to 2023.28 yet I’d never had any issues before.
2021 Dec M3LR - so near in date
VIN LRW3F7EK9MC42####

No issues with updates, however the car has been in service a fair few times - Paint issues, regen issues, not being able to purchase the performance boost (Still not able to) + a few other little bits, and now this.

Id say I've had a fully functioning car with everything working for maybe 2 months out of the 11 I've owned it. Id love to just sell at this point but who is going to buy a car which shouts error noises at you when engaging TACC/Autopilot and doesn't display cars on the road?!

Ive found this related thread which people may find useful. Seems the be the same issue, however some have had successful service appointments and a coax cable/cameras replaced!

So my car has been into the service centre and they’ve replaced the car computer. So it was a hardware fault on mine.
Just to confirm after a couple of days use, it’s all working perfectly now. Invoice states

Parts Replaced or Added
TLA,CAR.COMP,EU,HW3.2- PROVISIONED (1566786-S5-E)

Seems to have done the trick. No cables or cameras on the invoice (it was warranty so zero cost).