Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Tesla Solar Glass for Minnesota ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re hiring solar roofers in Minnesota. There’s been a lot of new solar roofer and energy positions posted. It looks like they’re trying to scale installs.

Attachments

• 802E8535-D71F-41C0-937F-007D935D70B9.jpeg
    802E8535-D71F-41C0-937F-007D935D70B9.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: ElectricTundra
Might be progress on mine. I logged into the order and saw it is requesting my homeowners insurance declaration page again. It renewed in July so someone must have been looking through the docs and triggered the request for the current doc.

I sent a note to the solar advisor listed on my order and asked if they were switching to 3rd party installers in MN mentioning I saw a forum post about it. He replied that I could on my own find a 3rd party installer but the pricing would be set by them. No offer to transfer my order or any naming of an installer that was certified.

He also said Tesla plans on starting solar roof installs in MN in 4-6 months. Of course that is Jan-Mar and I would not think anyone would be doing roof work in MN as there would still be snow on the roof. I'm taking the time frame as they are planning on doing installs starting next season.

I just signed up for a solar install in Minnesota this last weekend. They got a layout and contract to me almost immediately, but then I was informed yesterday that Minnesota installs aren't expected to start until Q2 2021, my advisor said he was reaching out to management for details. I was requesting some updates to the design, to add some panels to the layout and my advisor went so far as saying they don't have any design resources assigned to MN projects (which I found interesting considering they got a layout to me in about 2 hours after I first registered through the website). Does anyone have any information for the delays?

Does anyone have any information for the delays?

Until very recently (within the last few weeks) tesla wasn’t doing any solar installs in MN at all. Now that they have decided to start servicing MN they are starting to hire teams and ramp up operations in the state. They are anticipating that installs won’t actually start until the beginning of next year. As to why they only now decided to start servicing MN, I don’t know.

Might be progress on the order. Just got an email that "We’re excited to get you closer to your Solar Roof installation." and they are waiting for some photos from me that they asked for. I've not received any requests for photos and there is nothing listed in the needed docs on my account. I replied asking what photos they need.

Might be progress on the order. Just got an email that "We’re excited to get you closer to your Solar Roof installation." and they are waiting for some photos from me that they asked for. I've not received any requests for photos and there is nothing listed in the needed docs on my account. I replied asking what photos they need.
If those are photos of your current electrical equipment you are definitely moving closer. The next steps for us were a visit to check out the roof structure and electrical at the home followed by a more detailed proposal.

Since I had not heard back yet on what photos they needed I called. She said it was probably an accidental automated email because they have all the photos they need. She also said MN is still on hold which is understandable as who wants to do a roof in the winter here. She did say they should be sending in the permits soon and will check on that and let me know.

I also asked if the production on my layout was maxed. She said it was an older design (created a year ago) so after she checks on the permits she'll run it past design to see if they can fit more production on the roof.

Hello all. I’m new to this forum.

I’m in the process of building a new house in Medina, Minnesota. It will be served by Wright-Hennepin Electric. Construction should start in July or August 2021.

I’m hoping to get a Telsa Solar Roof installed. My builder isn’t familiar with the process (and I don’t believe any Minnesota builder would be yet), but he leading the charge on the subcontracting front, not me.

Does anyone have information more current than what has been previously stated in this forum? Thank you.

Has anyone gotten a roof done in Minnesota? Stinson Services was going through the training to become installers but then Tesla told them that they were planning to do their own installs so Stinson pulled out. Then Tesla put our project and others on hold as they've been unable to hire anyone. Ledegard in La Crosse is qualified and have a good reputation but they've not replied to messages about doing installs in the Twin Cities.

We've got a temp roof on now and need to either get Tesla shingles on or do temporary asphalt. I'd really rather not incur the costs of temporary asphalt. :)

Has anyone gotten a roof done in Minnesota? Stinson Services was going through the training to become installers but then Tesla told them that they were planning to do their own installs so Stinson pulled out. Then Tesla put our project and others on hold as they've been unable to hire anyone. Ledegard in La Crosse is qualified and have a good reputation but they've not replied to messages about doing installs in the Twin Cities.

We've got a temp roof on now and need to either get Tesla shingles on or do temporary asphalt. I'd really rather not incur the costs of temporary asphalt. :)
I canceled mine when they raised the price 40%. Ended up contracting with a local company for panels. Before I canceled I was emailing back and forth with a rep on the price increase and the rep did say MN was still on hold even if I accepted the increase.

Reactions: ElectricTundra