Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Tesla Y are LR RWD this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Santana Row in San Jose. I am finally going to test drive a Tesla Y. I asked about when my Red LR RWD FSD might be available and I was told not to expect it this year. But he did agree to fix my order regarding tire choice. Originally I got the tire upgrade for 1500 to the19 in Gemini but now those tires are the standard. But Tesla up graded the car to induction wheels, which I don’t want. So the sale rep will fix the order and reduce the cost by 1500. But no RWD till next year.

Just got off the phone with Santana Row in San Jose. I am finally going to test drive a Tesla Y. I asked about when my Red LR RWD FSD might be available and I was told not to expect it this year. But he did agree to fix my order regarding tire choice. Originally I got the tire upgrade for 1500 to the19 in Gemini but now those tires are the standard. But Tesla up graded the car to induction wheels, which I don’t want. So the sale rep will fix the order and reduce the cost by 1500. But no RWD till next year.
Price reduction? Is the next question.... I think they're trying to force is RWD orders to take the free upgrade with recent price drop.

Elon Musk confirmed today that the LR RWD will be available in a few months:

"We have reduced pricing on Model Y LR dual motor & will offer a LR single motor Y in a few months, which improves affordability, while still keeping the product excellent."

Tesla already had a LR RWD order. Many of us opted for it last year and put our order in at $48,000. At that time the FSD was $6,000. These are still valid orders according to Tesla and we have all been given the Prepare for Delivery notice.. The model Y AWD was just reduced to $49,990 so that's only a difference of $1,900..so theoretically one could upgrade to AWD for less than $2K, and not only that but you would get the AWD in a few weeks. Now the problem is; the upcoming RWD will be even less expensive so we are stuck with an expensive RWD order. What to do. I will stick to my LR RWD order because I bought FSD at $6,000 and now it's $8K. Tesla is stuck with us and the only solution is to upgrade us that ordered the LR RWD last year to AWD at no cost (it's less than 2K) and we'll be able to retain our FSD price. Anything else Tesla will have a revolution on their hands..not a good thing right now that Elon is flying high and the shorts are looking for any excuse to crash the stock...
Your thoughts..