Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No test drive until 3rd week of July?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mom wants to test drive a Model 3 and the Tesla website shows nothing for us when we try to make an appointment. I asked my SA from my Model Y order and she says she's got nothing until the 3rd week of July. Is this normal to not have cars to test drive? It's this happening everywhere?

My mom wants to test drive a Model 3 and the Tesla website shows nothing for us when we try to make an appointment. I asked my SA from my Model Y order and she says she's got nothing until the 3rd week of July. Is this normal to not have cars to test drive? It's this happening everywhere?

My local showroom is empty and all their test drive cars were sold for Q2. Demand is absurd

They said they will be getting some demo cars in a few weeks so sounds pretty similar

Good afternoon. I'm excited for your mon. I'm sure she will really enjoy what Tesla offers. Here's an idea for you folks. Living close to a big city, I would think there are many teslas in the area. Is it possible to check out a Facebook group in the area and see if someone would take a moment to offer your mom a chance drive one of theirs? There are other options with Turo however, that usually comes with a fee. Best of luck.

Thanks all! I somehow got a call back from another advisor and they said they would schedule us a test drive in Decatur, GA. I had initiated a chat session on the website and I guess it was monitored and quickly followed up. 😃

If you happen to drive by a Tesla showroom, stop by and ask if they have cars available for a test drive. At least, they may have a car you and your mom can sit in and go through electronics and controls, which is actually a big part of Tesla experience.

When I test drove one in August, 2020, I had made the appointment 18 days prior. I spoke to a buddy in NH and he said his wait for test drive was more than 2 weeks. I agree with another's comment that end of quarter is a factor too. Be patient, it is well worth it.