Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No test drives until 1/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am confused by this reply, could you maybe give some context? Sorry.
Keeping demos around is a remnant of the legacy dealership model. Tesla has never done this. And you can tell its this fake outrage cuz ppl come in expecting Tesla to be one thing or the other just because ppl... The reality is that Tesla demos are never kept more than a quarter or two, because the demand is so high they will clear out demos for customers that want to buy them.

Keeping demos around is a remnant of the legacy dealership model. Tesla has never done this. And you can tell its this fake outrage cuz ppl come in expecting Tesla to be one thing or the other just because ppl... The reality is that Tesla demos are never kept more than a quarter or two, because the demand is so high they will clear out demos for customers that want to buy them.
Interesting you should say that. When iX and i4 came out there were launch supply cars that we had to keep for test drives — My personal complaint about it was that they were low spec cars not fully representative of what you could order.

Rotating inventory quarterly would be helpful and I’ve personally missed out on a half a dozen opportunities to get an order in because of the covenant regarding the launch supply cars.

Interesting you should say that. When iX and i4 came out there were launch supply cars that we had to keep for test drives — My personal complaint about it was that they were low spec cars not fully representative of what you could order.

Rotating inventory quarterly would be helpful and I’ve personally missed out on a half a dozen opportunities to get an order in because of the covenant regarding the launch supply cars.
Yea all these stupid things legacy stealerships do but in your case it's probably partly because they know they may not get another EV from Dingolfing for a long time so.... It's better to flaunt it than not have or lol sell it to a waiting customer.

Video below was just linked and I shamelessly linked to the post. More stupid things legacies do, the whole model is broken.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yea all these stupid things legacy stealerships do but in your case it's probably partly because they know they may not get another EV from Dingolfing for a long time so.... It's better to flaunt it than not have or lol sell it to a waiting customer.

Video below was just linked and I shamelessly linked to the post. More stupid things legacies do, the whole model is broken.

I guess my bigger gripe is that they didn’t give us fully loaded demos like they do the press cars. Lol.

The restriction has been released since then, and we do not currently have a wait list on iX (i4 is a totally different story)

• Informative
Reactions: thesmokingman
I guess my bigger gripe is that they didn’t give us fully loaded demos like they do the press cars. Lol.

The restriction has been released since then, and we do not currently have a wait list on iX (i4 is a totally different story)
Just because I'm a curious person...
The iX probably has no list because of its price range, right?
Has the i4 been received well by the existing customers? Do you have people coming to BMW for the first time because of the i4?
Sorry for the questioning!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Just because I'm a curious person...
The iX probably has no list because of its price range, right?
Has the i4 been received well by the existing customers? Do you have people coming to BMW for the first time because of the i4?
Sorry for the questioning!
Section 179 rush is nearly over at this point so I kinda expected it once all the pre orders finally cleared production and delivery.

It’s not a car that would qualify the IRA credit in any case (but was eligible for the previous BEV credit)

• Informative
Reactions: cappo3