Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No text messages through the UI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's too bad.

A workaround could be to use your phone's built in voice command features (i.e., Siri or the Android equivalent) to have a new message dictated over the car's speakers via bluetooth and possibly also reply with voice-to-text. Although that may require you to hit a button on the phone to activate it.

That's too bad.

A workaround could be to use your phone's built in voice command features (i.e., Siri or the Android equivalent) to have a new message dictated over the car's speakers via bluetooth and possibly also reply with voice-to-text. Although that may require you to hit a button on the phone to activate it.
I do this with “Hey, Siri”. Not that big of a deal. I thought I would miss CarPlay way more than I actually do.

Reactions: dgaultiere
I believe that functionality is scheduled just after Full Self Driving and just before the Media Center supports playlists. Fortunately, all the increased power demands will be met by the commercial fusion power stations that will be widespread by then.

Anyway, texts will have been long obsoleted by the international system of flying messenger pigs.

Excuse me. I dont care what other cars do. You shouldn’t read texts while driving. If you pull over, then what’s the big deal to just use phone? If you want them read to you, use Siri or android equivalent. I see no good reason for Tesla to ever add this.

We're not talking about "reading" texts but listening and replying totally hands free. Pretty much the same as having a conversation with a passenger. And the good part was you could say no and decline to even hear the message which is what I did most of the time. But knowing for example my wife sent me a text message which was infrequent I would typically say yes, listen and reply if needede.

Excuse me. I dont care what other cars do. You shouldn’t read texts while driving. If you pull over, then what’s the big deal to just use phone? If you want them read to you, use Siri or android equivalent. I see no good reason for Tesla to ever add this.
Then they need to add the ability to activate Siri/etc. from the steering wheel or screen. There's even a defined standard (at least for iOS) for an attached Bluetooth handsfree kit to do this.

We're not talking about "reading" texts but listening and replying totally hands free. Pretty much the same as having a conversation with a passenger. And the good part was you could say no and decline to even hear the message which is what I did most of the time. But knowing for example my wife sent me a text message which was infrequent I would typically say yes, listen and reply if needede.
Please reread original post: “text messages won’t come through on my screen”. Then tell me what thread is about;)

Nonetheless, almost as bad IMO. It is still a distraction. And psychologists have proven we get addicted. To the point that we will listen/read and answer with urgency even if it puts our life in danger. Thank you Tesla for protecting me from myself. And thanks Apple for do not disturb mode. I cannot be trusted:eek:

I’m furious, my Tesla doesn’t even swipe left on tindr. I actually have to do this myself when selecting mating partners.... ugh Elon!

We might as well go back to gas lanterns and candle light!

Cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel cancel

Cancel?

Did I stutter?

That’s right,

Cancel my order.