Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Track mode on MYP :(((

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!
I need help!!!
Who know what should I do to get Track mode? Plz look at photo
I have Performance version but dont have Track mode :((((

Attachments

• 20230211_233438.jpg
    20230211_233438.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 294
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 22.19.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 22.19.26.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 194
Sorry for stupid questions, but i buy a new car and dont know what should I do with it.
Yes, you need to be patient. Make sure your Tesla vehicle can connect to your home's Wi-Fi network and there is a strong Wi-Fi signal (get a Wi-Fi repeater/extender if the signal is weak.) There is nothing else you can do except wait for Tesla to push an update to your Tesla vehicle. This typically takes a few weeks, up to a month. New Tesla Model Y vehicles come from the factory with a standard manufacturing release of the software for consistency, testing etc.

There is a button you can select under Software Settings that will verify that your Tesla vehicle is on the current release (for your vehicle.) If nothing else this will confirm that your Tesla Model Y is, for now, running the current version for your vehicle.

Now my version is 2022.44.2
If you just got your car then Tesla usually ships cars with a more stable slightly older update. 44.2 was a very wide release and stable upgrade. Most report that it takes a number of weeks after delivery for Tesla to start pushing updates of the current releases to your car. Make sure to switch the setting to Advanced so you get updates earlier. Still there is no way to force an update...just be on Wifi and wait.

Track mode came in 2022.44.25....ie the holiday update with Apple Music, cards etc.

So, ever since Monday, I've been trying to turn on track mode, but couldn't. It was always greyed out. Now, I'd understand if it was an older software version that didn't even show the option, but the option was there and I just couldn't turn it on.

That said, "today" (it's past midnight, so it's actually yesterday, 2/24), two things happened... I passed 200 miles on my odometer and I had Tesla mobile service come out. The service was to install HomeLink and during the installation, he said something about pushing a software version or whatever. I didn't really pay much attention and just let him do his thing.

I don't know if it was because of the software he pushed or the odometer, but track mode is no longer greyed out. The odometer being a thing could make sense in a way that they want you to have some "experience behind the wheel" for a bit. The software version doesn't make as much sense... I mean, it shouldn't be shown at all if it wasn't in the version I had previously. I either have it or I don't, right?

Anyway, I'm finally able to turn on track mode. I'll check later to confirm my software version.