TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

No traffic data. Slow nav screen.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by shonline, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. shonline

shonline Supporting Member

Anyone else?

2. arcus

arcus Member

Have you tried a soft reboot?

3. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Ballin On A Budget

My 3G S is slow at times, but it really just depends on the area that I'm in.

4. shonline

Yep. And have lots of LTE bars.... even toggled traffic on and off.

5. coopersjcw

coopersjcw Member

Same issue here with Model X. Rebooted 4 times.

6. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Same....was just going to call Tesla...had to reboot 2x on my 220mile trip and finally gave up when i got close to destination.

I've had same Rev. for a while too....

Model X btw....

7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Same here, noticed it on my way home a short while ago...

Jeff

8. DJung

DJung Member

Traffic was showing up for me, but it refused to search for a destination. Rebooted and the issue was not resolved. I would type in the name of the business (like "Starbucks") and it would return a nothing found error. This was at 3:30 pm today. Full LTE and was streaming TuneIn CNN without any issues.

9. tpham07

tpham07 Member

Same here. no traffic data. thought it was just a glitch on my end.

10. dennis_d

dennis_d Member

It looks like API key for google maps have expired or something like that. or were invalidated by google.

11. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Ever since my vehicle took the update to show SC max power, I've had slow nav and my garage door only works about 1/2 the time. I still get traffic but it's slower. My vehicle is upgraded to LTE. I've soft and hard rebooted with no difference.

12. Brunton

Brunton Pontificating the obvious

I had it happen too.
    Seems fine this morning.

13. Xenius

Xenius Member

It's happened before, I was experiencing this around 15:00 EST (GMT -4) yesterday.

14. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Yep, happened yesterday. Fine this morning.

15. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

We've had our first Model S since early 2013 - and there have been times when we've seen this.

A couple of things to try.
    1. Reboot both the console and dashboard displays (though only the console is probably needed). If that works, then the problem was with the in car software, and it just needed to be restarted.
    2. If you're in an area of very low AT&T signal (one bar), try finding an area with better signal. There are a few dead spots or weak areas for AT&T - and when you're in those, the car can't communicate to the servers - and the navigation system will be degraded.
    3. If you're getting good AT&T signal, and it's still not working, try to connect to WiFi and see if that works better (either to a stationary WiFi hotspot or to a mobile smartphone hotspot). If that works, then the problem could be with the AT&T mobile network.
    And, if all of the above fails, call Tesla's phone support - possibly while you are in the car - and have them look at the situation and see if there are any problems. And, if they aren't aware of the issue - it doesn't hurt to report it...

There have been a few times when the problem has been server side - and a large number (if not all) of Tesla cars were having the same navigation data issues. This happened to us while we were on a road trip - and forced us to use our smartphone for navigation for a brief period until the problem was resolved.

While we've had a few periods when this has happened - fortunately, it doesn't happen very often...

16. shonline

I rebooted, had strong LTE. It is BACK this AM.

Tesal NEEDS to have a "System Status" page online like Apple for iCloud so owners can check quickly when this stuff happens. While I appreciate the community here on TMC, it is not the answer. Tesla has a connected car, they need to also offer a realtime system status page.

• Like x 2
  17. Red_DS

Red_DS Member

Had the same issue. Rebooted with no luck but it recovered and was fine around 6 pm yesterday

18. GWord

GWord Member

Have had a lot of weirdness with my latest update. Have had the center display and instrument display really bog down. Have been losing the blinker "click" sound from the instrument display (restored it with a reboot of center display). My RMs are all wonky; post update they are down 6 from where they were before the new firmware, but when driven for 6 miles the RM doesn't change or even goes up. And sometimes the lock/unlock "bong" sound goes nuts and goes off like 4 times in a row.