Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No traffic data. Slow nav screen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traffic was showing up for me, but it refused to search for a destination. Rebooted and the issue was not resolved. I would type in the name of the business (like "Starbucks") and it would return a nothing found error. This was at 3:30 pm today. Full LTE and was streaming TuneIn CNN without any issues.

Ever since my vehicle took the update to show SC max power, I've had slow nav and my garage door only works about 1/2 the time. I still get traffic but it's slower. My vehicle is upgraded to LTE. I've soft and hard rebooted with no difference.

We've had our first Model S since early 2013 - and there have been times when we've seen this.

A couple of things to try.
  1. Reboot both the console and dashboard displays (though only the console is probably needed). If that works, then the problem was with the in car software, and it just needed to be restarted.
  2. If you're in an area of very low AT&T signal (one bar), try finding an area with better signal. There are a few dead spots or weak areas for AT&T - and when you're in those, the car can't communicate to the servers - and the navigation system will be degraded.
  3. If you're getting good AT&T signal, and it's still not working, try to connect to WiFi and see if that works better (either to a stationary WiFi hotspot or to a mobile smartphone hotspot). If that works, then the problem could be with the AT&T mobile network.
And, if all of the above fails, call Tesla's phone support - possibly while you are in the car - and have them look at the situation and see if there are any problems. And, if they aren't aware of the issue - it doesn't hurt to report it...

There have been a few times when the problem has been server side - and a large number (if not all) of Tesla cars were having the same navigation data issues. This happened to us while we were on a road trip - and forced us to use our smartphone for navigation for a brief period until the problem was resolved.

While we've had a few periods when this has happened - fortunately, it doesn't happen very often...

Have had a lot of weirdness with my latest update. Have had the center display and instrument display really bog down. Have been losing the blinker "click" sound from the instrument display (restored it with a reboot of center display). My RMs are all wonky; post update they are down 6 from where they were before the new firmware, but when driven for 6 miles the RM doesn't change or even goes up. And sometimes the lock/unlock "bong" sound goes nuts and goes off like 4 times in a row.