Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No traffic info on new Mode 3

dmode

Oct 29, 2015
United States
I got my Model 3 last week. Also have a Model S. But I don’t see any traffic info on the Model 3 map, nor do I see the icon to toggle traffic and satellite mode. I see both in my S. Is this a Model 3 limitation or is it a bug ?

rhaekar

Nov 9, 2017
San Diego
Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

Will Standard Connectivity affect in-car maps and routing?
No. All cars with Standard Connectivity will continue to receive maps & navigation functionality similar to those with Premium Connectivity, including traffic-based routing, Trip Planner and Supercharger stall availability. Premium Connectivity will add satellite-view maps and live traffic visualization.

So you don't see the traffic but it will still route you based on it, seems weird to me but ok.

dmode

Oct 29, 2015
United States
Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

Will Standard Connectivity affect in-car maps and routing?
No. All cars with Standard Connectivity will continue to receive maps & navigation functionality similar to those with Premium Connectivity, including traffic-based routing, Trip Planner and Supercharger stall availability. Premium Connectivity will add satellite-view maps and live traffic visualization.

So you don't see the traffic but it will still route you based on it, seems weird to me but ok.

Thanks for the reply got it. I went back and read the differences between Partial Premium and Premium and it does mention the "navigation visualization" difference. So, my bad.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC