Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No traffic info on new Mode 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model 3 last week. Also have a Model S. But I don’t see any traffic info on the Model 3 map, nor do I see the icon to toggle traffic and satellite mode. I see both in my S. Is this a Model 3 limitation or is it a bug ?

Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

Will Standard Connectivity affect in-car maps and routing?
No. All cars with Standard Connectivity will continue to receive maps & navigation functionality similar to those with Premium Connectivity, including traffic-based routing, Trip Planner and Supercharger stall availability. Premium Connectivity will add satellite-view maps and live traffic visualization.

So you don't see the traffic but it will still route you based on it, seems weird to me but ok.

Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

Will Standard Connectivity affect in-car maps and routing?
No. All cars with Standard Connectivity will continue to receive maps & navigation functionality similar to those with Premium Connectivity, including traffic-based routing, Trip Planner and Supercharger stall availability. Premium Connectivity will add satellite-view maps and live traffic visualization.

So you don't see the traffic but it will still route you based on it, seems weird to me but ok.

Thanks for the reply got it. I went back and read the differences between Partial Premium and Premium and it does mention the "navigation visualization" difference. So, my bad.