TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No traffic tickets in the last 27 years...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GoBlue88, Jun 27, 2014.

1. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Less than a month with my new MS85 and I get a ticket this morning for rolling through a right on red without coming to a complete stop. :mad:

On the bright side, he didn't also ticket me for having too much tint and having no front license plate. That's a win I guess.

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Typical joke of a ticket ... pad the city government's budget I guess.

3. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

I'll be happy if that is my first ticket with my model S.
    I figure my first ticket will be right after I floor it with no one else on the road...
    (usually just speed up to the limit, but every once in a while...)

4. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

My first ticket in many years was a couple of months ago in my Model S. Photo ticket going 42 mph in what I thought was a 40 mph zone but actually a 25. About as glamorous as the OP's.

5. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

@ steve841 - Don't be an a*^e - the sign is there for a reason and it is to do with SAFETY… and not just yours! MW

6. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

I'm with Steve. It wasn't a sign it was a right on red and when making those there is virtually NO safety issue with not letting the car completely stop (wasting energy) as you can clearly see the oncoming traffic or lack thereof. It's a little known secret that DOT knows they could make the law YIELD instead of full stop but it's a money maker. Highest dollars on red light cams come from right on red cams.

7. Haggy

Haggy Member

It might be a joke in Florida, but it's no joke in California, where it's hard to get off with a minimum fine of a few hundred dollars.

So far, I've had good luck fighting traffic camera tickets. There's a tendency for them to be sent out without matching them to the driver. Then they ask you who was driving, and you need to give correct information under penalty of law. But I can't find a law saying I can't ignore it. Then when the ticket comes, it comes down to saying I wasn't driving, which works well if I wasn't the driver. The only time I had to go to court over it, the judge threw out every case, without exception, where the person claimed not to be the driver, or even claiming that he/she didn't think the picture was his/her own. But that was an anti-big-brother 80+ year old judge who didn't seem to like the idea of cameras.

8. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

$542 fine. :scared:

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Wow. That's crazy for simply a rolling stop.

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

When I was a kid living in Florida, you couldn't make a right turn on a red at all. I think it was probably a money-maker to catch all of the northern tourists who were unaware. The city of Montreal still has a no right turn on red law, but I don't think it applies to all of Quebec.

11. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Or $1 fine, and $541 in court fees.