Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No trailer hitch would be a deal breaker for me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting on all wheel drive but the lack of a trailer hitch would be a deal breaker for me. I plan on getting rid of my ICE car and the Tesla will be my only car. I live in a place where I trap raccoons that I need to haul off to the woods and I'm not putting a raccoon inside a $65,000 car. (the real price) And I would use an external basket when hauling things like bags of potting soil, concrete, large plants, and other things I might buy that I wouldn't put inside an expensive car.

So - no trailer hitch - no deal.

All signs and statements about the Model 3 state it would not have a towing capability.
If you have a reservation, I would suggest getting a refund now. The Model Y may have one, but that is a ways off.

I'm going to wait for the AWD version and see if that changes. It's not like my deposit needs to go somewhere else for now. But if it doesn't happen then there will be other cars to buy sometime in the future, and someone else will get their car earlier.

All signs and statements about the Model 3 state it would not have a towing capability.

I'm pretty sure Elon said it would have one. And the manual says that it is not currently supported:

Model 3 Towing.png

That sure sounds like they plan on adding support. (Probably with the AWD/SAS package.)