Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No turn signal on reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on 32.2.12

If I’m in drive and I’m signaling to turn... once I place it in reverse it stops... if I try to re-enable turn signal while in reverse it only signals three times and stops.... Tesla please fix this bug asap!

x2. Yesterday I tried to signal that I was going to back into a space someone was pulling out of and had to hold the stalk to keep the signal on.

x2. Yesterday I tried to signal that I was going to back into a space someone was pulling out of and had to hold the stalk to keep the signal on.
I commend you for using your turn signal in that situation. That is not something I have done in 50 years of driving.

I agree that Tesla should fix the issue raised by @GuyDude but I don’t consider it an urgent “ASAP” issue.

If I saw someone in the mirror behind me as I was attempting to back into a spot is the only scenario in the universe that I can imagine that would almost warrant a signal, in which case you would get my vote for the most courteous driver. I doubt it would even occur to me, just say'n.

If I saw someone in the mirror behind me as I was attempting to back into a spot is the only scenario in the universe that I can imagine that would almost warrant a signal, in which case you would get my vote for the most courteous driver. I doubt it would even occur to me, just say'n.

It was less courteous and more "that's mine, you can't have it" ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Tron 3
I came on here because I thought I was on drugs. I noticed that the turn signal cuts off if you're going from drive to reverse (or vice versa) or if you hit the brakes while backing up. Thanks to this thread, I realize I wasn't hallucinating and it's clearly a bug that--to the OP's point--should be fixed ASAP.

FYI, our provincial insurer offers the following tips for people learning to drive. You should use your turn signal when you are: (1) parallel parking, or (2) backing into a parking stall.

upload_2019-10-15_21-39-23.png

Of course, if testing on a Tesla, remember to use hand signals to avoid being docked marks on your road test:

upload_2019-10-15_21-38-42.png

I don't think I've seen hand signals being used by a driver on purpose in my entire life. I once spent a couple of miles giving way to someone "signaling" that they wanted to move into the left lane (or turn left), but they just were sticking their arm out the window for some other reason I cannot fathom-- they ended up making a right (from the middle lane, of course)- still signaling left with their arm, and not at all with their actual turning signal.

• Informative
Reactions: alexGS
With the small single small reverse light on the TM3 I like to give as much warning to the traffic on the street (and pedestrians) as I can while I reverse out our steep driveway.

I could do it with hazards, but in any other vehicle I use the indicators but like others have mentioned I find I have to hold the stalk up to stop them going off.