Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No update? Which update are you on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else not getting the latest Tesla software updates?
I have a 4 month old M3P and am currently sat at software version 2021.44.30.7.
My work colleague who got his M3LR a week before me has had 2021.44.30.8 and 2021.44.30.11. There are mentions that people are now getting 2022 software updates too? Feeling a bit unloved! Lol.
I’ve tried switching the software update preference switch on the car numerous times, in the hope of kicking the update into life. Also rebooted the home WiFi, but checked and the car it’s picking it up fine. Even power cycled the car to no joy.
Anyone else in the same boat?

My work colleague who got his M3LR a week before me has had 2021.44.30.8 and 2021.44.30.11. There are mentions that people are now getting 2022 software updates too? Feeling a bit unloved! Lol.
I’ve tried switching the software update preference switch on the car numerous times, in the hope of kicking the update into life. Also rebooted the home WiFi, but checked and the car it’s picking it up fine. Even power cycled the car to no joy.
Even if your router was blocking the server, the car would still see an update was available on its own LTE connection.
The last 2 updates were just for the heat pump issues, so your not missing out on anything.

It took a while for my standard range to get the heated wheel update.
I was told updates are sent out in waves rather than the cars finding the updates.

The Teslafi Firmware Tracker shows that 17.2% of their fleet is on 2021.44.30.7 (at the time of writing), so don't worry, you are not alone.

I was on 30.7 until last night with a 20 M3P.

Thanks guys, just a case of waiting I suppose. Hopefully won’t be too much of a wait.
Bookmark the Teslafi tracker web page as posted by @Mark-R and take a look from time to time to see how the versions go across the Teslafi fleet. It is common for people to think they are the only one on an earlier software version because all you will read on the forum is from the umpteen people who happen to be in the first 10% getting the newest version.

Reactions: Mark-R
I have a 4 month old M3P and am currently sat at software version 2021.44.30.7

As are many others

1643387092971.png

Reactions: VX Foxy
Thanks guys, just a case of waiting I suppose. Hopefully won’t be too much of a wait.
Only difference I noticed was a bonger to tell me I was being a knob-end on autopilot.

Never understood how previously it would scream at me for overtaking a parked car on an A road at 25, but if someone was scrolling thru Twatter at 85 just slowly flash calming blue

My 2018 Model 3 LR is stuck on 2021.44.30.5, it has a strong Wifi connection to the internet at my house. The car is set for Advanced updates. I've even tried doing the two scroll wheel reset. My friend has new Model 3 that's now a few weeks old and just got the latest update, which is the second update it got, initially it didn't come with the new UI update. So basically it's gotten two updates after me. A couple years ago my Model 3 wouldn't get a new update and it's just as frustrating now as it was back then.

My 2018 Model 3 LR is stuck on 2021.44.30.5, it has a strong Wifi connection to the internet at my house. The car is set for Advanced updates. I've even tried doing the two scroll wheel reset. My friend has new Model 3 that's now a few weeks old and just got the latest update, which is the second update it got, initially it didn't come with the new UI update. So basically it's gotten two updates after me. A couple years ago my Model 3 wouldn't get a new update and it's just as frustrating now as it was back then.
Well, 2021.44.30.5 is FSD beta 10.8.1, and only one release out of date for FSD beta cars as far as I know (2021.44.30.10 is FSD beta 10.9).

But this is the UK forum and we don't have FSD beta in the UK....

EDIT: Just to clarify, if you opt in to (and are granted access to) the full self-driving beta programme (US only), then you receive completely different software versions from the regular cars, with a somewhat different update schedule. You can see which versions are normal versions and which are FSD versions (as well as how many cars are running each version) at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker That suggests that the majority of FSD beta cars are running the exact same version that you have. For advice/feedback/comments on the FSD beta firmware versions, you're better off visiting the AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD section of the forums

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't realize this was the UK forum, guess I need new reading glasses. But yes, I do have the FSD beta and understand that it has different updates, I am just not getting the latest update yet for some reason. Yet I know several people with the beta that have gotten the newest update.

In that respect I think we're all in the same boat. Like most companies Tesla roll out the updates in waves. Just luck of the draw when you get it. Lot's of scepticism - on both sides of the Atlantic - that the "Advanced" software update setting really makes any difference...

Reactions: Resist