Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No v9 yet, anyone in the same boat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got notified this morning of a new update being available on our Model 3. It's definitely not on WiFi and already on 2018.36.2 so presumably this is one of the v9 variants. I'll be very curious to see exactly which version we got and how it behaves (spoiler from the future: 39.7.1)

Curiously, our Model S which is on WiFi due to assigned parking vagaries in our garage, is still on 2018.34.something.

Last edited:
Only had the car two weeks... last night did the "reboot" (after reading here) by holding brake and both wheel buttons and the update notification showed up on my phone shortly later. Went from 2018.32.7 to 2018.39.71. Noticeable changes in UI, but haven't driven it yet. Curious why I didn't get a 2018.40.x...

Well after the SC said I need to bring the car in to upgrade the BMS SW before I can upgrade to v9, which is scheduled for this Wednesday, the v9 upgrade came yesterday afternoon, through WiFi in the garage. Upgraded right away!

Still waiting for v9 also. Currently on 36.2 and was among the last cars to receive that update (according to Teslafi). Perhaps the issue is the car is kept in a NYC garage most of the week, but I have received some prior updates in a more timely fashion. I have decent LTE reception but there is no WiFi at all.

Got into an accident on the fourth of July and just picked my car up from the shop. I am on 2018.21.9 :D Any tips on getting an update? I called the service center and they booked me for an appointment 3.5 weeks out, but it'd be nice to get one before then. She kept telling me to connect the car to wifi and I had to insist my car does not have wifi...

Got into an accident on the fourth of July and just picked my car up from the shop. I am on 2018.21.9 :D Any tips on getting an update? I called the service center and they booked me for an appointment 3.5 weeks out, but it'd be nice to get one before then. She kept telling me to connect the car to wifi and I had to insist my car does not have wifi...

What update was WiFi added on?