Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No v9 yet, anyone in the same boat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to stop by my SC today and see if they'll push the new 40.2 update. I can't stand my regen being so weak, I have to constantly use my breaks, since maybe one or two versions ago when they loosened up regen.

Hopefully they are cool with it.

Got into an accident on the fourth of July and just picked my car up from the shop. I am on 2018.21.9 :D Any tips on getting an update? I called the service center and they booked me for an appointment 3.5 weeks out, but it'd be nice to get one before then. She kept telling me to connect the car to wifi and I had to insist my car does not have wifi...
That's so crazy, I'm in the same boat. My car was crashed into and has been in the shop a little longer than yours. I got it today and it's also still on 21.9. It must have been in Power Off mode.

*I hope your repairs went well. I unfortunately have a few issues that need to be addressed.

Edit: Oh I remember you! you had they mentally unwell dude standing on your roof. As far as M3 recks that one is legendary. Glad you finally got it back

Last edited:
Reactions: darknavi
At this point I think anyone not on V9 should be calling to set up a service appt, as there may be hardware or other issues preventing updates. It’s not unheard of, and at this point you’ve waited long enough.

I’m also a big fan of the “walk-in appt” approach, provided it’s not on a Monday, as those are SC’s busiest day. Just show up during the first 30 minutes the service center is open and ask them do a quick diagnostic. Chances are they’ll be able to fix whatever minor issues you may have within a couple hours.

That's so crazy, I'm in the same boat. My car was crashed into and has been in the shop a little longer than yours. I got it today and it's also still on 21.9. It must have been in Power Off mode.

*I hope your repairs went well. I unfortunately have a few issues that need to be addressed.

Edit: Oh I remember you! you had they mentally unwell dude standing on your roof. As far as M3 recks that one is legendary. Glad you finally got it back

Thanks :D I should do a follow up post but I have just been having fun with the car back!

Glad there are still a few of us rocking old OS builds.

Still on 32.2. When I first got the car delivered on October 4th, it prompted me to apply an update. But the process was so fast that I'm beginning to suspect the update failed. I didn't receive any error messages on my display that I remember, and my app wasn't working at the time because it took over a week for Tesla to mark the car delivered.

I used the contact feature in my Tesla account, but that has been taking ~2 weeks for them to get back to me so I'll probably sit on hold for an hour at some point today to find out how I'd know if an update failed.

Still on 36.2. Car was delivered with 34.1, when I could see on teslafi only a few percent were still on 34.1 I called and a few days later 36.2 pushed. I called last week when less than 10% were on 36.2 and I was told they'd add me to a help ticket with other people whose cars aren't getting updates automatically. They also said v9 would be pushed manually in 3-5 days, today's the 5th day and nothing.

Getting my phone keys activated took weeks and multiple phone calls. No major issues with the car but getting frustrated having to wait until everyone else has an update then calling and waiting on hold only to wait another week to get features most people got weeks ago automatically.

Still 32.2, no manual pushing, no nothing. I see that my car downloads 20-80 MB of data nearly every time I park it in the garage, but that's about the only traffic over wifi I see. If there's actually a help ticket, does anybody have a reference to it that I could include in a request on the site? It seems insane that the only update I've received was while my car sat in a lot for a month if Tesla are saying they're pushing updates out fleet wide.