Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No VIN no ISA now 75 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meeting got cancelled until the first week of August. Are we richer after Las Vegas?? Thats what I really want to know o_O
Up only a $100... crap table was not friendly last night but three card poker was awesome the night before. Played three hands and the third was a straight flush... $500 win!! Doesn’t pay for the car but oh well! I’m a light $ gambler... its all entertainment! :D

Reactions: daver6640
Finally broke down and called. Customer support said that editing the order does reset your position in the queue (which I had figured would be possible when I did it). I was given the standard 3-5 weeks when I made the update, which was no big deal, but he's telling me it's more like 1-3 months (who really knows though).

The one good bit of information I learned is that it won't be an issue to get a full refund of the deposit up until they assign the car to me.

I don't really need the car right now, and as long as I get the tax credit I guess I can wait a few more months. But I do feel a bit bad giving so much money to a company that obviously cares so little about customer service, even if their product is great. If there was another EV that was a contender it would be no question.

Last edited:
Finally got a Vin #, But extremely low. Is 185XX. People already getting their's back in April. Show I be worry? My guts tells me this is either rejected due to issue known, or a show room car. In any case, I request my ISA to give me a new Vin. My other concern is it doesn't have the 2nd gen back seats. Am I being paranoid? What would you do if you were in my place?

there is another person(from San Jose) taking delivery on the 20th, and his Vin # is 26XXX. Identical to my configuration. Most if not all the Vin in the 18XXX is delivery back in April and early May already. Build date likely early March. So I had no idea where this car's been the last 3 months. My other concern is the 2nd Gen back seats. Anyway, I refuse delivery and ISA said a new Vin will assign to me once it become available (could take up to 6 weeks max). I had waited over 2 years already, another 6 weeks is no biggy.

there is another person(from San Jose) taking delivery on the 20th, and his Vin # is 26XXX. Identical to my configuration. Most if not all the Vin in the 18XXX is delivery back in April and early May already. Build date likely early March. So I had no idea where this car's been the last 3 months. My other concern is the 2nd Gen back seats. Anyway, I refuse delivery and ISA said a new Vin will assign to me once it become available (could take up to 6 weeks max). I had waited over 2 years already, another 6 weeks is no biggy.

Might as well change it to AWD!