Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No VINs in October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope, my friends... East Coast is getting matched to 2020 LR AWDs. My SA has been in contact with me today and confirmed a VIN for my config:

Ordered 10/5
LR AWD
Blue/White
19 Sport
FSD

He says it's on a train now inbound my way... said it may be one or two weeks. Didn't think it would take that long, but if there are stops along the way, I suppose. We'll see - as soon as I get an actual delivery date, then I'll finally believe it. At least (after a month waiting), we've made some progress forward here.
Congrats! 3000 miles - long train ride.

Enjoy your new wheels when you get them!

Freight trains move very slowly, often averaging only 25 or 30 miles per hour. My dad was a dispatcher and would stop freight trains on sidings two hours ahead of a passenger train so no one would complain of being held up. When a freight train breaks a coupler it takes an hour or two to fix. That's not uncommon. Freight trains aren't the Tokyo express.

Well that's not reassuring :) I'm hoping that my M3 just got put on one of those newer trains with no problems. God speed to the train!

Best of luck to those who purchased performance vehicles. Hope for a speedy delivery for you too!

Reactions: puppers
Dealer called me yesterday afternoon that a few M3P's showed up in inventory for my state. Went into the store and viewed the inventory destined for my state and locked in a 2020 Pearl White w/ black interior & 19" wheels :D

The salesman thinks its still at the factory because it doesn't have a GPS locator yet, but hoping for deliver before Thanksgiving so I can enjoy it during the holidays.

Lucky! That's the exact configuration I would take if there was one available near california! Did you go into the store to view the available inventory on their computer system? Could they see inventory for all states or just their own store?

The store can see all inventory and filter by state and stealth performance models. He actually sent me screen shots of those destined for Florida last night via email, I went to the store to test drive and compared the ride of 19 vs 18. I couldn't tell the difference in ride quality and I tested on heavily worn paved roads at normal city speeds and under acceleration. I might actually say the 19's felt better, but he did advise me they would have a 3% to 5% range penalty..I think I read here the penalty was 10%. What I did very much noticed is the extra $1500 LOL

There was a red available, but I decided to go white to hide scratches etc.

The store can see all inventory and filter by state and stealth performance models. He actually sent me screen shots of those destined for Florida last night via email, I went to the store to test drive and compared the ride of 19 vs 18. I couldn't tell the difference in ride quality and I tested on heavily worn paved roads at normal city speeds and under acceleration. I might actually say the 19's felt better, but he did advise me they would have a 3% to 5% range penalty..I think I read here the penalty was 10%. What I did very much noticed is the extra $1500 LOL

There was a red available, but I decided to go white to hide scratches etc.

Just called my local store and they have not heard anything about stealth performance showing up around California. I'll keep checking and maybe I'll get lucky soon!

I ordered a Model 3 LR AWD with FSD, 18" Aero wheels, and Black interior / exterior on 10/6 and just got a VIN visible in the source code today. I haven't heard anything from Tesla as of yet.

Haven't heard anything directly from anyone at Tesla and still don't have a VIN on page with my reservation number, but as of today (11/4) I now have a delivery appointment of 11/19 showing on my account page along with a time. The VIN is also still in the source code and hasn't changed since showing up on 10/30.

Dealer called me yesterday afternoon that a few M3P's showed up in inventory for my state. Went into the store and viewed the inventory destined for my state and locked in a 2020 Pearl White w/ black interior & 19" wheels :D

The salesman thinks its still at the factory because it doesn't have a GPS locator yet, but hoping for deliver before Thanksgiving so I can enjoy it during the holidays.
You got your vin yet? Just got mines on 10/4 order (FINALLY!!) 504,420

While waiting for my order to be filled, i've been filling the time with test drives at my local showroom .. (orderd on 10/16)

drove the SR+ before ordering ..orderd the LR AWD ..

then drove the AWD a few days later ..

and yesterday i drove the M3P .. the folks at the store are great, and they know i am waiting for a car and happy to let me drive their cars to make the waiting bearable. -- on the last drive they just gave me the keys and said come back in less than an hour.

-- I thought driving the M3P would tempt me to change my order .. but it didn't -- it actually scared me, that thing is WAY FAST .. it didn't feel unsafe. on the highway it felt like everyone else was standing still -- the car has so much power that you can pick where you want to go and not worry about the speed of other cars.

anyways -- decided to stick with the LR-AWD (which is no slouch) .. it was fun to drive the M3P and congrats to those of you buying it, its a sleeper for sure.

(thinking back, i think i should have driven the M3P in chill mode .. and not just "fast" mode, it may have given me a more rounded feel for the car) -- i guess i need to go back and get another test drive.

I have a m3p on order..I only test drove by renting one off of turo.
The wait has been so painful (ordered sept)..I decided to text my sa yesterday to see if I could take a car home to show my wife (who hasnt been able to really check one out yet since we just had a kid a week before I placed the order..) he told me if I come around 4 today I can take it home overnight..
now if he will just let me do that every few days till my order gets here!

^chill mode on the m3p and AWD are the same..someone dynoed them both in chill mode to find out

Well that's not reassuring :) I'm hoping that my M3 just got put on one of those newer trains with no problems. God speed to the train!

Best of luck to those who purchased performance vehicles. Hope for a speedy delivery for you too!

There are no newer trains. They keep running the same rolling stock until the wheels fall off and the wheels don't fall off.

Trucks drive 70 mph point to point and the driver has to rest periodically. Trains go more like 30, cars get switched in switching yards (taking days at times) and the crews have to be replaced when they get to their limit no matter where the train is at the time. Lots of delays with freight. That's why coast to coast is more like two weeks rather than four days. Ironic when you think about it, isn't it?

Here's another point of irony. Trains have been electric since the switched to diesel when they abandoned steam. A big diesel engine powers a generator which drives the electric traction motors in the wheel carriages. I guess you would call them "hybrids".

I have a m3p on order..I only test drove by renting one off of turo.
The wait has been so painful (ordered sept)..I decided to text my sa yesterday to see if I could take a car home to show my wife (who hasnt been able to really check one out yet since we just had a kid a week before I placed the order..) he told me if I come around 4 today I can take it home overnight..
now if he will just let me do that every few days till my order gets here!

^chill mode on the m3p and AWD are the same..someone dynoed them both in chill mode to find out
You have a pretty cool SA i'd say! I'd love to take one home overnight too!