Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No warning while reversing - no camera either!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok - I have never experienced this with my S - have had it for almost 6 months now. Yesterday, in the evening (dark outside) while I was reversing my car from the garage - for some reason the garage door didn't close automatically as the car exited - the Homelink button didn't even come up (showing things like 15 ft before closing etc) - so I tried to do it manually - while distracted with that - let the car continue to reverse - didn't see the camera show up on display or any proximity warning, till my car backed into another car that was not moving and parked in the middle of the street! Some delivery guy had left his car on the street...

I only realized it when it made contact.... I know at the end of the day, its my responsibility - but have others experienced this when the reverse warning doesn't go off - reverse camera does not come on etc?

I know that Tesla keeps track of it's computer data - is there anything they could do to figure out why it didn't engage? How do I go about that?

Any ideas or anyone else's similar experiences will be appreciated...

The last time I was at the SVC I was told by a tech that your MCU and instrument cluster need to be reset probably weekly because they are just big computers. My MCU has reset itself while driving a few times, it’s one of many problems we are looking into, and they thought that doing the reset would help that. I’ve actually had my backup camera go split screen and put the top half in the bottom of the video image and the bottom half on the top. Doing a scroll wheel reset usually fixes that but I’ve n ver had my proximity sensors not work. The only thing I do notice is that once I reach a certain speed, my front proximity sensors don’t show any colors on the instrument cluster, only the rear ones. Does anyone else get this?