Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No way to get XM/Sirius, on the console, other than if ordered as new ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really miss my XM radio from the ICE I left to go to my P100D. I know I can stream through my cell phone but that is way less than ideal and the data plan kills me. I'd really love to have the native XM/Sirius function on the main display. Is there REALLY no way to do this after the fact? When I bought this car a month ago, I was told unless I ordered it that way with the sunroof option, it was not available.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I still can't buy the "antenna is part of the sunroof" argument. The last time I added XM to a car, the antenna was 1-1/2" square and was easily hidden.

So does the radio not have a 'button' for XM on the screen? If you see XM and can click on it to find the radio ID, you should be able to add it after the fact - I did this with my CPO 85D last year. Not sure what the options are if that is not an option on your screen already though...as I do believe XM was not available on solid roofs originally, you needed to have the pano or glass roof.

When I bought this car a month ago, I was told unless I ordered it that way with the sunroof option, it was not available.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I still can't buy the "antenna is part of the sunroof" argument. The last time I added XM to a car, the antenna was 1-1/2" square and was easily hidden.

I think you answered your own question here. It's well known that the built-in XM functionality requires the antenna built into the sunroof.

Reactions: cmal
Another option would be to get a cellular enabled small tablet (maybe a used iPad mini) and sign up for T-Mobile’s cheapest data plan (was $20/month last time I checked) which includes their Music Unlimited music streaming (including SiriusXM) that doesn’t count against your data. You could mount the tablet somewhere and use it for other stuff besides SiriusXM.

That’s what I had planned to do when I got my S last summer (even bought the iPad and mount) but I found Slacker was good enough.

Take it to a high quality car audio dude - they will figure out a solution. Like these guys

Sound Decisions Racine, WI | Car Audio | Remote Start | Integration

lt250-1.jpg

Last edited: