Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Way to Talk to Human at Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently had a bad experience at the Raleigh Service Center and I asked for a phone number to corporate. At first, the manager said it is on the website, to which I searched and found nothing. Then she replied with what seems to be a fake mobile phone number that when googled goes to some guy with a woman's voice on his voice mail. I ended up calling some poor soul in sales who gave me a phone number but when called it is nothing but a phone tree that goes nowhere.

Tesla really doesn't want you to call them do they? Unbelievable!

I love my car, but the service has gone down hill and it comes from the top.

Reactions: Entropy512
What happens when you call the normal national support number and choose software support or charging? I’ve not done it in several months but never had a problem getting to a live person.

I’ve always had an issue getting to someone at the SC.

Was just about to say exactly this. A couple weeks ago I wanted to talk to someone and I prepared myself mentally for the hours of waiting on hold (I exaggerate) but funnily enough I got to talk to someone without any wait time and they were actually able to help me.

Also right about the service centers. It's mission impossible to talk to someone and most of those employees have no idea what they're talking about. This is varied by location a lot... some service centers are ok.

Was just about to say exactly this. A couple weeks ago I wanted to talk to someone and I prepared myself mentally for the hours of waiting on hold (I exaggerate) but funnily enough I got to talk to someone without any wait time and they were actually able to help me.

Is the phone number listed on the website somewhere ? I've been clicking around, but can't seem to find it....

I keep reading these comments about Tesla's decline in service and can't help wondering how much Tesla has spent to expand it's service operations and whether the (hopefully) increase in service operations have kept pace with the number of cars they now have on the road.

When I took a test drive of a M3 at the Mt. Kisco, NY location I could not help but think - this is the only service center for Tesla in the lower Hudson Valley? They handle a large portion of the NY metropolitan area from this one location? And they're selling more and more cars to add to the weight this service center has to bear? This looks like a recipe for disaster.

I realize that most people report things here when there's a problem, so I take most of these comments with grains of salt, but the shear volume here and on other sites has raised some concerns. I checked with my friend who introduced me to Tesla and has a number of Model S under his belt. Without leading him, I asked about his experiences and he described to me the same degradation. His original interactions with service were wonderful, clear, straightforward and efficient. His latest was a disaster. He described the experience as "egregious". This was not at the Mt. Kisco location, but in another state (IL).

I couldn't find a heading for overall service here on TMC. Can someone point to a discussion about this apparent decline so I can make a more informed decision regarding my reservation.

I realize that most people report things here when there's a problem, so I take most of these comments with grains of salt, but the shear volume here and on other sites has raised some concerns. I checked with my friend who introduced me to Tesla and has a number of Model S under his belt. Without leading him, I asked about his experiences and he described to me the same degradation. His original interactions with service were wonderful, clear, straightforward and efficient. His latest was a disaster. He described the experience as "egregious". This was not at the Mt. Kisco location, but in another state (IL).

Service hasn't scaled with demand, but they are rapidly expanding service.

The biggest problem I see is if someone has a serious issue then they run into all sorts of roadblocks trying to get it resolved by upper management. There doesn't seem to be any support VP or something like that to handle cases where service screws up bad.

I probably wouldn't have bought my Model 3 if my local service center wasn't one of the better ones where I had the email of the service manager.

It's been well over a year, and I haven't needed to use it. but, if something comes up at least I know who to contact if the automated ways don't work.

I keep reading these comments about Tesla's decline in service and can't help wondering how much Tesla has spent to expand it's service operations and whether the (hopefully) increase in service operations have kept pace with the number of cars they now have on the road.

When I took a test drive of a M3 at the Mt. Kisco, NY location I could not help but think - this is the only service center for Tesla in the lower Hudson Valley? They handle a large portion of the NY metropolitan area from this one location? And they're selling more and more cars to add to the weight this service center has to bear? This looks like a recipe for disaster.

I couldn't find a heading for overall service here on TMC. Can someone point to a discussion about this apparent decline so I can make a more informed decision regarding my reservation.

I've had nothing but great experiences at the Marietta GA Service Center.

I use this website to find the best number to call to "get a human" on the phone.
Here's the link for Tesla: Tesla Motors Phone Number | Call Now & Shortcut to Rep
The problem is that everyone has a "short cut" to get to a human that involves actively and knowingly cheating the system. This usually works fine until they discover this is what everyone is doing and then "fix" it so you can no longer get a human with that method. I dread to think of the day I actually need roadside assistance but can't talk to a human since everyone has been abusing that as "the way" to get a human at Tesla.

We shouldn't have to cheat the system to talk to a human to get customer service support on something as expensive, complex and important as a vehicle.