TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No weatherstrip on windshield?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kjl, Jul 11, 2013.

1. kjl

kjl Member

Hi; I'm sure this is a stupid question. I don't think I noticed this before, but it doesn't look like the front windshield on my Model S has any rubber weatherstrip or seal or gasket or whatever you call it at all. Is that normal, or am I missing a piece or something? There is a piece of rubber that kind of seals with the windshield at the bottom (though it's not a perfect seal), but it curves up and goes up only an inch or two up the sides of the windshield and then abruptly ends. The rest of the edge of the glass is completely naked; I can see the multiple layers of glass and everything.

It's kind of cool looking, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing some weatherproofing or something. Thanks.

Tesla windshield weatherstrip (or lack of)? - YouTube

2. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

It does look cheaply made.

However, mine looks like that as well. Haven't had any water issues over 5 months. Haven't had any water intrusion even with pressure washing the windshield.

3. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

windshields are glued in these days and anything you see around it is purely cosmetic.

4. lloyds

lloyds Member

Based on design, doesnt look like it needs it. But it does seem a lot of dirt can get stuck in the crevices later though