Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No where to hang a coat in new 2020 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

Brand new owner of a 2020 Model S - Long Range. I guess now in 2020, they are using similar seats in this car as the Model 3. All of the coat hangers I see online for the Model S are built for older generation seats where there is an adjustable headrest and a proper gap to slide in the hook.

Has anyone solved this issue or verified a particular brand of hook that will slip into the backing panel somehow?

Attachments

• IMG_8352.JPG
    IMG_8352.JPG
    326.8 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_8350.JPG
    IMG_8350.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 303
Though the Abstract Ocean hooks say they're only up to the 2018 cars, it looks like they would work for your application:

Coat Hooks (set of 2) for Model S & X

I have a set that I'm not using (they did not work very well in the headliner) and I don't have an adjustable head rest.

No, these don't work either. The new headrest does not have any crevices; all of the seams are stitched so there is no place to insert a coat hook.

• Informative
Reactions: SSedan
Hi folks,

Brand new owner of a 2020 Model S - Long Range. I guess now in 2020, they are using similar seats in this car as the Model 3. All of the coat hangers I see online for the Model S are built for older generation seats where there is an adjustable headrest and a proper gap to slide in the hook.

Has anyone solved this issue or verified a particular brand of hook that will slip into the backing panel somehow?

Do the Tesla ones not work?

Coat Hooks

The Tesla ones will work. I have a 2020 Model S Performance with the new seat and you are looking in the wrong area. Look where the headrest and the plastic backing meet so about a foot higher than where you are looking. Will supply pics later this afternoon

Andy,
The 'HookUp' hooks you link to, look pretty good. I ended up buying these from Amazon.

More pricey for sure. But they fit snug and do a good job of holding my hanger and blending in nicely.

Interesting, my Model S is brand new as well, but I still have the "old" seats. I 3D-printed some coat hooks, work the same way as the tesla ones.
There are also coat hooks available that go into your headliner: 'HookUp' Coat Hooks for Tesla Model S

Given I don't know how the other seats felt, since this is my first Tesla, I can't really compare. But the seats are comfy. They are identical to the ones in the Model 3.

Not really identical, the only identical parts are the headrest and the seat backing (even that is a bit different). Sigh. I really hope they don't just merge the 3 into the S/X, the S is so much better. It's also a bit ridiculous to merge a $35000 car into a $100000 car, I thought that in 2018 they decided they wouldn't make it the same. :( Are they at least more comfy than in the 3?