Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoA blinker confusion during entrance ramp / on-ramp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Hopefully my graphic with labels makes this clearer.

I've had a few occasions where I'm on an entrance ramp (aka on-ramp) and believe I put by blink on a location (B) [or between (B) & (C) perhaps) ... and when I get into the highway 1st lane (see "MERGE" word) then my NoA enabled drive tries to go to the 2nd lane (see orange arrowed line).

Has this happened to others? Perhaps I need to have my blinker on at (A) or make sure I'm at/before (B).

Aside: for exit ramps (aka off-ramps) the blinker turns on automatically and enters the ramp correctly at the blue cars location.

aDPorIg.jpg

When using NOA, the car is meant to merge onto the highway on its own without you having to put the turn signal on. Just as it does for exits, the car will automatically signal and merge. This has worked for me on some occasions, but sometimes fails if the on ramp is too short. By manually putting on the turn signal on, I suspect you're triggering it to change lanes immediately after merging.

Reactions: diplomat33
When using NOA, the car is meant to merge onto the highway on its own without you having to put the turn signal on. Just as it does for exits, the car will automatically signal and merge. This has worked for me on some occasions, but sometimes fails if the on ramp is too short. By manually putting on the turn signal on, I suspect you're triggering it to change lanes immediately after merging.
Curious, I cannot honestly recall it ever turning on the blinker for me for an entrance ramp (aka on-ramp). Maybe most the time I'm just in regular AP and not NoA AP but I recall the problem I described a few times and I know it as AP NoA ... ie. the single blue line.