Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoA in Switzerland!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends!
I was on the autobahn this morning, AP engaged, and spent some time fiddling with the car settings (I wanted to enable cabin overheating protection), and in the autopilot section of the menu ZOOM there is the NoA option!!!!
I was caught out of the blu by it!
In the last 3 weeks my software updated 3 times and in NONE of the release notes there was mentioning of NoA.
I even went back to check again the release notes and NoA was not mentioned, but the setting was there!
I couldn't resist, immediately activated it in mad max mode and WOA! the blue line starts to guide my car on the IC.
I used it for the rest of the drive and IT BLEW MY MIND! I'm already addicted.
The only "issue" is that approaching a long tunnel (lot of tunnels here in Switzerland) it told me "will disengage in 200m". It went from NoA to standard AP as soon as I got into the tunnel, and 5Km later when I got out again it moved automatically back from standard AP to Noa.
It suggested a number of overtakes of slower vehicles and following return on the rightmost lane.
At the end it took the right exit all by itself and dropped me in standard AP after the exit.

My question is: when was NoA released in Switzerland? I didn't see it mentioned before.
What about the now infamous UN regulation nerfing AP that so many countries adopted? is it superseeded by NoA or deos it still apply?

Anyway: NoA ROCKS!

Reactions: Steve m
I got it months ago (don't remember exactly when) and I can confirm it is useless, it asks for lane changes with no reason, misses exits and many more flaws. No improvement since first release and I got updates quite frequently.

Thank you very much for your info!
As a matter of fact I had a very long gap between updates (no WiFi connection for a few months) so my update cycle was:
2019.12.1.1 04-May-2019
2019.28.3.1 21-August-2019
2019.32 29-August-2019
2019.32.1 04-September-2019

As a matter of fact, I never got 2019.16 which introduced it, I went straight from .12 to .28

What bothers me is that the release notes do NOT include all the info from your LAST update to the current one, but only the updates from present and previous release.
That's why I did not learn about NoA in Switzerland.
Will send a bug report to Tesla.