Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoA/Lane change/Off ramps - none are working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have a 2020 M3P w/FSD. I have about 3k miles on the car and have never been able to get it to change lanes or take offramps from the freeway. I have everything turned on, see the attached images. This is the second 2020 M3P I've had (other was totaled) and FSD/NoA worked as advertised. Looking for any suggestions before taking it in to the dealer. I'm assuming is has to do with something I've done.

Basically, when on NoA, the car just maintains the lane. It has never tried to change lanes no matter how below the set speed the car in front goes and it has never tried to take the required exit on NoA. All it does is maintain the lane and speed. It will change lanes if I turn on the turn signal.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6898.jpeg
    IMG_6898.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6899.jpeg
    IMG_6899.jpeg
    628.5 KB · Views: 57
Not meaning to be silly, but do your turn on the “Navigate on Autopilot” button when prompted at the start of your trip and does it turn blue? Do you get the single blue stripe down the middle of the road or does it stay as two blue lines on either side?

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
To get the single blue line:

Need to have a destination in the nav
Need to be on highway
Need to have Navigate on Autopilot button activated (in blue) near bottom of nav instructions

Your settings look ok. Otherwise, not sure what's happening.

Exactly what I do. Tried it again this morning. NoA to the grocery store, on I-10 and AP button was blue. But still just two blue lane borders and no navigating. Ugh. So frustrating.

To get the single blue line:

Need to have a destination in the nav
Need to be on highway
Need to have Navigate on Autopilot button activated (in blue) near bottom of nav instructions

Your settings look ok. Otherwise, not sure what's happening.

If the stretch of highway you're using isn't recognized in the Nav database, you won't get NoA there. I have this problem with some freeway in the Seattle area. This used to be a problem with a multi-lane state highway out to the Washington coast, and I haven't been on it recently to see if the database has been updated.

Just to clarify - your settings are set to enable NAV (button is blue) on every drive. You put in the destination, start AP, it should work. But don't touch the NAV button - blue is on, Gray is off. Obviously it should be blue while navigating.

Fixed. Thanks Arnold. Yeah, I'm the idiot that turn on NoA in the Nav settings, then when it came up to navigate, I was hitting the blue button, essentially turning it off, thinking in effect I was turning it on. Yeah, that guy. But thanks everyone for all the help. I'll crawl back into my hole.

If the stretch of highway you're using isn't recognized in the Nav database, you won't get NoA there. I have this problem with some freeway in the Seattle area. This used to be a problem with a multi-lane state highway out to the Washington coast, and I haven't been on it recently to see if the database has been updated.

I never knew this. I (incorrectly) assumed that NOA would work on all highways (at least in the USA) regardless of nav database presence.