Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoA nearly here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the scenario of what happened to me today:

-2019 MS with enhanced AP.
- Destination inputted into Nav
- AP engaged
- on the right lane of western ring rd (southbound) where it merges onto princes fwy outbound towards Geelong
- car indicated by itself without confirmation
- car merged onto the fwy without confirmation

As you can imagine I was totally caught of guard and ecstatic. I am assuming this was a total fluke but just wondering if anyone else has experience similar?

I don't frequent that section of town very much but I'm almost tempted to try and reproduce the scenario.

PS. I am 99.9% sure that I didn't indicate myself but there is about 0.1% of me that thinks that I may be just going insane and I totally did actually indicate.

I am currently using NOA in California. It engages automatically on appropriate roads ( once AP is engaged), but the display changes from two blue lanes to a single blue line in the centre of the lane.
In Settings you can choose how aggressive the lane changes will be ( up to Mad Max), and whether you have to acknowledge each manoeuvre first, just receive a warning or nothing.
The familiar resistance on the wheel is still required to maintain AP, so the driver is still responsible, so I don't think regulators here would object. But I would be very surprised if they (or Tesla) allowed it without the options for the warnings or acknowledgments above. And if it is rolled out to all before those on the early access programme here.
I am sure it is running in shadow mode however.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LDCRS
Someone posted something very similar on the TOCA facebook page from Sydney so now with multiple people experiencing it it can't be coincidence. That said it is definitely not NoA which does the auto lane select and changing on the freeway. It looks to just be the merging component from NoA that's "leaked" into EAP, and hopefully is a sign that full NoA is not far off for us. We're now a year behind North America in features there and features are years behind as it is so it's hard to remain optimistic about them.

I was watching a youtube video by Tesla Kim just last night and she was saying that if you have destination in your nav
and using auto pilot while on a freeway it will indicate at take the exit required to get to the destination, auto pilot
will turn off towards the end of the freeway off ramp but it will nag to let you know.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
I was watching a youtube video by Tesla Kim just last night and she was saying that if you have destination in your nav
and using auto pilot while on a freeway it will indicate at take the exit required to get to the destination, auto pilot
will turn off towards the end of the freeway off ramp but it will nag to let you know.
NoA will, but enhanced autopilot as we have in Australia still won't. Tried it again today, failed miserably at on ramp and off ramps...

Anyone know what the grey circle in the middle represents? It's the first time I've seen it after yesterdays 2019.32 update. I'm assuming it might be a time restricted speed limit?
IMG_20190829_074951.jpg