Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoA slows down for transition and doesn't resume original speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't search threads with this topic and I don't remember reading anyone complain about this....NoA *frequently* slows down by reducing my speed set point to make a freeway transition but then after the maneuver is complete it doesn't restore my original speed set point. Example is I set NoA at 78 MPH. Later, It moves over for a freeway transition and slows down to 60 MPH for the curve/transition. After straightening out onto the new freeway NoA just keeps driving at 60 MPH. Starting to annoy me...anyone else observe this behavior?

I have noticed this as well. Easy enough to flick the right wheel up to speed but annoying yes.

My issue is engaging AP and then removing my foot from the accelerator, the car drops in speed and then lurches back up to speed.

I’ve tried slowly easing off the pedal, keeping it there for a moment or two, yelling at the car... nothing.

• Funny
Reactions: SlimJim
Couldn't search threads with this topic and I don't remember reading anyone complain about this....NoA *frequently* slows down by reducing my speed set point to make a freeway transition but then after the maneuver is complete it doesn't restore my original speed set point. Example is I set NoA at 78 MPH. Later, It moves over for a freeway transition and slows down to 60 MPH for the curve/transition. After straightening out onto the new freeway NoA just keeps driving at 60 MPH. Starting to annoy me...anyone else observe this behavior?
Thats just means,,,,,not fully automated. but not hard to click the right whells

Yep, annoying, ain't it? It does not help that it can happen where there is not a very obvious transition, so therefore my attention is not on that detail, and after a minute I'm wondering why we are going so slow.

Then again, there are the transitions where there *should* be a reduction, and there isn't. Anyone who has been brave (or stupid) enough to let AP have its lead on the transition from 580 (MacArthur) Westbound in Oakland onto the Eastshore Fwy has noticed that AP tries to take the abrupt offramp at full set speed. Playing chicken with accordion barriers is fun but makes my wife make a squeaking sound.

Untitled.jpg

I have noticed this as well. Easy enough to flick the right wheel up to speed but annoying yes.

My issue is engaging AP and then removing my foot from the accelerator, the car drops in speed and then lurches back up to speed.

I’ve tried slowly easing off the pedal, keeping it there for a moment or two, yelling at the car... nothing.
I've really noticed this pedal thing too. It's because anytime the accelerator is pressed at all, it's considered an over-ride. As you try to slowly pull your foot away from the pedal and let it take over, it still notices that the pedal is partially depressed (not zero input) and tries to respond to your inputs. Not sure the right way to implement this or smoothly drive with this- I'm thinking of trying to pull my foot more abruptly away and see if it responds better....

Yep, and when I adjust the speed manually with the wheel, it resumes like it should, but at the original speed, so I only need to turn the wheel once. It can be a little annoying, but I've learned to deal with it. Hopefully, this will be taken care of in an update soon.