Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOA - Speed Limit Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Y (with FSD) does change the speed if the speed limit is lower.
AP is limited to 5 mph over the current speed. If I'm travelling at 55 mph with the speed limit of 50, as soon as it sees the 35 mph speed limit sign, it lowers my speed to 40 (35 + 5). I do not believe that it speeds back up when the limit goes back to 50 mph without manually intervention.

I also believe that if you are using just TACC and not AP, I do not think it slows down.
I just washed the car today (finally a day above 50 F) and it's clean, so do I really want to go test it and get the car dirty again...
Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: scabbotts
My Y (with FSD) does change the speed if the speed limit is lower.
AP is limited to 5 mph over the current speed. If I'm travelling at 55 mph with the speed limit of 50, as soon as it sees the 35 mph speed limit sign, it lowers my speed to 40 (35 + 5). I do not believe that it speeds back up when the limit goes back to 50 mph without manually intervention.

I also believe that if you are using just TACC and not AP, I do not think it slows down.
I just washed the car today (finally a day above 50 F) and it's clean, so do I really want to go test it and get the car dirty again...
Maybe tomorrow.
Thanks. Again, I only have Enhanced Auto Pilot. So, looks like you need FSD to get the speed to adjust downward automatically...