Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOA - Speed Limit Changes

Puma2020

Jun 16, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
My Y (with FSD) does change the speed if the speed limit is lower.
AP is limited to 5 mph over the current speed. If I'm travelling at 55 mph with the speed limit of 50, as soon as it sees the 35 mph speed limit sign, it lowers my speed to 40 (35 + 5). I do not believe that it speeds back up when the limit goes back to 50 mph without manually intervention.

I also believe that if you are using just TACC and not AP, I do not think it slows down.
I just washed the car today (finally a day above 50 F) and it's clean, so do I really want to go test it and get the car dirty again...
Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: scabbotts

HeyEph

Mar 22, 2020
Fairport, NY
My Y (with FSD) does change the speed if the speed limit is lower.
AP is limited to 5 mph over the current speed. If I'm travelling at 55 mph with the speed limit of 50, as soon as it sees the 35 mph speed limit sign, it lowers my speed to 40 (35 + 5). I do not believe that it speeds back up when the limit goes back to 50 mph without manually intervention.

I also believe that if you are using just TACC and not AP, I do not think it slows down.
I just washed the car today (finally a day above 50 F) and it's clean, so do I really want to go test it and get the car dirty again...
Maybe tomorrow.
Thanks. Again, I only have Enhanced Auto Pilot. So, looks like you need FSD to get the speed to adjust downward automatically...

Puma2020

Jun 16, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
OK tested FSD today. You are limited to 5 mph over the speed limit.
When a new, lower speed limit appears, the car does slow down to 5 mph over the new speed limit.
When a new higher speed limit appears, the car does not increase the speed automatically.

Olvi

Mar 30, 2021
Finland
I got my new model 3 yesterday and max speed changed automatically with no problems. But today it stopped working. Did i get update during the night or wtf happened...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC