Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nobody mentions that the acceleration boost is too much power for the stock suspension of the non-performance model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the acceleration boost last night and I am driving it today.

I've seen so many videos about it and I decided that it was something that I wanted.

However as soon as I drove it for the first time, it is quite clear that the factory suspension of the non-performance model y isn't stiff enough to handle the extra torque.

When you slam on the accelerator, the entire vehicle sways backwards like a boat.
Mine doesn't do this at all, other than what any car with massive acceleration would do. I am quite sure the Tesla engineers took this into account.

However as soon as I drove it for the first time, it is quite clear that the factory suspension of the non-performance model y isn't stiff enough to handle the extra torque.

When you slam on the accelerator, the entire vehicle sways backwards like a boat.
I have a performance model Y, but I seriously doubt the MYLR has a suspension that cannot handle the additional torque of AB. Let’s talk about what vehicles you’ve owned before the Y.