Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise coming from front right door speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi, 1 day after i got my 2017 S100D back from service (had center display only changed for discolouring issue), i discovered this annoiyg noise coming from only one speaker: passenger front door woofer.
Tried to reboot with pedal brake down an holding wheels down for 40 sec but noise disappeared briefly only during reboot then again.
Tried also to start and stop a new route on Nav. noise still there.
Noise level is independent by volume level and you can hear it when the car is “idling”. While driving a whistle sound following motor pitch is added to the base noise.
What is really strange is that i DON’T hear that noise also coming from the tweeter on top of the dashboard of the same front right channel.
I have recorded it but don’t know how to add it on this post.
Someone else with the same issue?

I had weirdness from my left door woofer right after delivery. It exhibited distortion that was independent of volume level and was intermittent. I lived with it for awhile as I'm 100 miles from a service center. Eventually, they replaced the speaker under warranty and all is well. I had no signs of problems from any other speaker either.

I had weirdness from my left door woofer right after delivery. It exhibited distortion that was independent of volume level and was intermittent. I lived with it for awhile as I'm 100 miles from a service center. Eventually, they replaced the speaker under warranty and all is well. I had no signs of problems from any other speaker either.
So there is high chances that my woofer is faulty too

I have recently developed a rattle-like or "scratchy" sound in the A-Pillar speaker on the driver's side. Most noticeable when on a Bluetooth phone call or listening to AM radio, presumably because of the audio frequencies there. As I was playing around with the Left-Right balance to try and isolate it, I discovered my passenger door woofer is not working at all! On the list for my next service visit...

This santa software update has been very buggy, and I keep having ultrasonics intermittently fail when it says autopark deactivated, also the noise happens when the navigation voice volume was turned up... a repetitive skipping sound. Also the rear view camera has been malfunctioning since 17.48. I'm sure they'll get it ironed out again.

By the way @woof, I see what you did there... perhaps I need to step up my game? I'm thinking some BoneThugs in Harmony might do the trick.... "see you at tha cross roads cross roads cross roads" sing it!