Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise coming from HVAC system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange noise coming from my 2021 Model Y's HVAC system. It sounds like pressure relieving from a valve or something. I've only noticed it while the A/C is on for a prolonged period of time while on roadtrips and usually while changing elevation. Once it starts, it happens consistently until the car is parked and goes to sleep. It last for 15-30 seconds. Turning the HVAC system stops the noise for a short period of time. Shortly after turning the air back on, it starts up again. It is so loud that you can hear it over music in the cabin.

I took it in to a service center with a recording of the sound but, of course, they weren't able to reproduce the issue when they test drove for a whomping 5 miles. They ran tests and calibrations with no issues, so I'm sure it'll happen again on our next road trip.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I'd love to be able to point the SC to an issue to resolve.

Here's a link to the sound: Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

You'll notice it gets louder before stopping.

Reactions: engrbugs