TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Noise from Brake Pedal Assembly

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Revanche2450, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Revanche2450

Revanche2450 New Member

I'm have a relatively new (July 16) S60 and have been annoyed by a subtle rattle coming from the driver's side of the vehicle. It was a bit hard to identify, but, I noticed that if apply any pressure to the brake pedal - including just gently nudging the side of pedal itself, it takes care of it.

Has anyone else experienced any problems like this? I'll admit that I feel bad bringing the car into a SC as its a noise that I wouldn't have even noticed if the cabin wasn't so quiet, but I also find myself putting my foot on the far left of the accelerator just to keep the vibration away while driving. :/

2. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

I had a brake pedal squeak, that I thought simply needed some wd40 or similar on the hinge. As part of something else they were fixing, they sorted it out by flushing the brake fluid and refilling! This has indeed sorted the problem!!

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Similar situation. I had a squeak I thought was the pedal rubbing against something in the cabin, and it turned out to be a more serious issue with the brake booster or something (I'd have to dig up the service notes) that required a full drain/repair/refill of the system.

What I'm getting at is have it seen. What sounds like a superficial rattle could be something else, and you don't want to screw around with brakes.

4. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

My 2013 had a squeaky brake pedal, service center lubricated and everything has been fine now for over a year.