Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise in the Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pan Roof Noise? My S85 delivered in Nov '13 seems to have a rattle when driving on rougher roads that sounds like the panoramic roof glass is "drum heading".
While its happening I can push up on the glass and the rattle stops. Have checked closure/seal, switch positions - all normal. Any other similar experiences/fixes?

Pan Roof Noise? My S85 delivered in Nov '13 seems to have a rattle when driving on rougher roads that sounds like the panoramic roof glass is "drum heading".
While its happening I can push up on the glass and the rattle stops. Have checked closure/seal, switch positions - all normal. Any other similar experiences/fixes?

I had a rattle in our Pano Roof, and the local service center was able to get that fixed and has been great for the past 6,000 miles since they worked on it.

The drum heading also might be related to the rubber spacers that are on your rear hatch. Mine were screwed in to much so there was just a bit of play in the hatchback when going over rougher roads. The whole hatch was acting like a drum head in that case. You might adjust those rubber spacers and see if that helps at all. There are two on the sides of the frame of the car itself and there are also two rubber spacers on the corners of the liftgate that you can adjust a bit.