Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise issues with Unplugged Performance Mild Springs.

Do you have noise issues with Unplugged Performance Mild springs.

• None. Rides like advertised.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Yes. Clicking when turning and/or clunks when driving over dips.

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im currently on my third version of UPP Mild Springs. Each version was supposed to fix the previous version's issues but for me they haven't. I get a loud clicking noise when turning (spring binding). I also get a loud clunking sound from the rear when driving over dips and deviations in the road (spring slap). The spring slap has improved but the spring binding is worse. Not to mention each version has gotten higher and the ride quality has decreased due to the higher spring rates. Im wondering if anyone else is having issues, or is it just my car. I haven a 2018 Long Range.

Reactions: ElectricGhost
Im currently on my third version of UPP Mild Springs. Each version was supposed to fix the previous version's issues but for me they haven't. I get a loud clicking noise when turning (spring binding). I also get a loud clunking sound from the rear when driving over dips and deviations in the road (spring slap). The spring slap has improved but the spring binding is worse. Not to mention each version has gotten higher and the ride quality has decreased due to the higher spring rates. Im wondering if anyone else is having issues, or is it just my car. I haven a 2018 Long Range.
I also get some noise when turning. Idk how much a long term issues it can cause. I'll prob go to MPP coil overs in the next year. Other than the noise I'm been very happy with the milds.

Mine definitely has spring binding. I finally got my replacement springs in and gonna get them installed. In hindsight, with all the money I've spent on these springs, I should've just gone with coilovers.

Reactions: MODEL+
Mine definitely has spring binding. I finally got my replacement springs in and gonna get them installed. In hindsight, with all the money I've spent on these springs, I should've just gone with coilovers.
This is what I keep telling people. But I have a feeling some may be gettting the impression that I'm just trying to sell them more expensive parts, to make a little more money...

Danny

Reactions: UnpluggedP
This is what I keep telling people. But I have a feeling some may be gettting the impression that I'm just trying to sell them more expensive parts, to make a little more money...

Danny
I'm on the fence with lowering in general, I want to but....
However, my logic is if you're going to be pulling everything out mine as well do it right and seems like it may actually be less of a hassle installing coilovers since you pretty much pull one out and pop the new ones in, no springs to remove and reinstall one less step.

I'm on the fence with lowering in general, I want to but....
However, my logic is if you're going to be pulling everything out mine as well do it right and seems like it may actually be less of a hassle installing coilovers since you pretty much pull one out and pop the new ones in, no springs to remove and reinstall one less step.
It’s about the exact same level of effort with a ton more upside. Still have to remove the stock top hat from your factory strut.

It’s about the exact same level of effort with a ton more upside. Still have to remove the stock top hat from your factory strut.
Ah D*#@ it! Thanks for dragging a man down, haha just kidding thanks for that though.
I've been watching videos on the process seems intimidating but I'm guessing if you go slowly it's probably not too bad as a DIY

Ah D*#@ it! Thanks for dragging a man down, haha just kidding thanks for that though.
I've been watching videos on the process seems intimidating but I'm guessing if you go slowly it's probably not too bad as a DIY

Yeah it's really not bad. We dropped the whole upper assembly since I was doing the control arms as well made it super easy. Spring compressors are the scariest part, just don't point at your face when compressing.

Rear we could do in probably 20 minutes now.

That's only true if you go MPP or UP. If you get Ohlins from redwood or BC, you do not have to do that. Just need to reuse the rear one on the BC but there's no spring on it so it's not an issue.

I also get some noise when turning. Idk how much a long term issues it can cause. I'll prob go to MPP coil overs in the next year. Other than the noise I'm been very happy with the milds.
Unfortunately the noise is loud, and quite embarrassing when driving through a parking lot. constant loud clicks and pops. Ill be calling UP today and see about going back to stock for the time being.

Same thing here with UP mild lowering springs. Very frustrating because they can't seem to figure out a fix.

Loud binding noise when turning at slow speeds. Because I am nowhere near the UP shop, every time I need to do work on the springs I am paying a local performance shop rates. After all is said and done, I could have just bought fully adjustable coilovers.

Reactions: MODEL+