Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise issues with Unplugged Performance Mild Springs.

Do you have noise issues with Unplugged Performance Mild springs.

• None. Rides like advertised.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Yes. Clicking when turning and/or clunks when driving over dips.

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you interested, I'm on week 2 of my mild spring install and so far no issues or sound. I'm supposedly on version 3. Here's a pic of the before and after.

Attachments

• 48B324BC-2345-497D-9609-2C62ADCBE70F.png
    48B324BC-2345-497D-9609-2C62ADCBE70F.png
    930.4 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: techlogik
For those of you interested, I'm on week 2 of my mild spring install and so far no issues or sound. I'm supposedly on version 3. Here's a pic of the before and after.
Glad no issues so far. UP keeps telling me that my "replacement" springs are delayed indefinitely because of what sounds like supply chain issues. Doesn't make sense that you can just go on the website and buy springs that correct the problems.

Also, UP says that the binding noise issue will not be apparent at first, but only sets in after the springs have time to settle. At least that's what they told me.

The noise on my M3 seems to be getting louder and more consistent.

Any updates on this? Currently experiencing noise issues on my Mild springs. UP replaced them recently and it was quiet for a few weeks but now noises have returned.

Is this an issue with any other brands of springs?

Any updates on this? Currently experiencing noise issues on my Mild springs. UP replaced them recently and it was quiet for a few weeks but now noises have returned.

Is this an issue with any other brands of springs?
Hi @bwm3,

We are glad you are already working with your sales rep and our Support Team. We are here to help until the issue is resolved. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions ([email protected]). We have a whole team dedicated to ensuring the UP community has a great experience with our products.

-UP Support Team

Just get Eibach and trim the bumpstops as indicated on their website. I've installed so many and never once had any issues. Rides better than stock and has a great drop. I'm sure there's vendor here who can get them for you. Just keep in mind that Eibach doesn't have instructions in the box so I bet 99% of shops never trim the bumpstops. I'm anal so I go to their website, speak with their engineers, and look for manufacturer recommendations before starting any job.

20210519-P3D-Jazz-Eibach MPP RUCA 15mm aspira.jpg

Reactions: Foxjordan22
I’ve had UP moderates for about a year and they’ve been completely silent. Lots of install errors and spring position seating them correctly on the shock and top mounts. Only reason I switched out was because I went to UP coils for more low.

Really? What version did you start out with?

I got my milds back in August last year, it was like the 3rd gen or something at the time

I've had zero problems with them. They don't make any noise or nothing.

UP is really good about fixing issues if you contact them. Sucks to hear but mine have been flawless so far

Just get Eibach and trim the bumpstops as indicated on their website. I've installed so many and never once had any issues. Rides better than stock and has a great drop. I'm sure there's vendor here who can get them for you. Just keep in mind that Eibach doesn't have instructions in the box so I bet 99% of shops never trim the bumpstops. I'm anal so I go to their website, speak with their engineers, and look for manufacturer recommendations before starting any job.

View attachment 682434
Why trim bumpstops? Because it keeps hitting the bumpstops if not? That isn't a good thing ever riding and hitting the bump stops. Yeah, they are there in case of bottoming out...but makes me wonder why they, and nobody else, says trim them??

Debating going with coilovers, but springs are much cheaper, I just don't want to hit the bumpstops all the time with H&R or Eibachs.

Drop does look good!

Thx