TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Noise on deceleration, maybe during regen at 60mph+ (Normal?)

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by hasselboxster, Aug 22, 2013.

1. hasselboxster

hasselboxster Member

I searched around because i know there have been some drivetrain noise reports. All of the posts i found were describing the acceleration noise - however i seem to recall people having issues, and ultimately needing drivetrain components replaced. I couldn't find these threads.

I had an issue that cause my car to get trailered to a service center. Official cause listed as "connectors to the high voltage system were faulting" - and they were replaced. Since i was on a mini road trip and getting some error messages at the same time, i began paying extra attention to the vehicle.

At speeds above ~60mph when i let off the accelerator i began to hear a noise - a hum/whir or whine type of noise. I don't believe this was there before. At slower speeds i hear nothing. It was doing this on different roads - i.e. its not a road surface type of issue.

Any experience shared, or assistance finding the other threads would be welcomed. Its tough for me to get the vehicle to a service center, so If I'm on the verge of another issue - id rather pursue it now!

2. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

I have not noticed it.

If you're unsure, ask to take one of the loaners for a quick drive. These type of things generally stand out immediately when you compare side by side.

3. professionalr

professionalr Member

I have the same issue on my 2012 Chevy Volt.

4. aoliva

aoliva Member

Could it be this? Mine is going to service in a couple of weeks because the noise is a bit unbearable.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/60mph-motor-humm