Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise on deceleration, maybe during regen at 60mph+ (Normal?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched around because i know there have been some drivetrain noise reports. All of the posts i found were describing the acceleration noise - however i seem to recall people having issues, and ultimately needing drivetrain components replaced. I couldn't find these threads.

I had an issue that cause my car to get trailered to a service center. Official cause listed as "connectors to the high voltage system were faulting" - and they were replaced. Since i was on a mini road trip and getting some error messages at the same time, i began paying extra attention to the vehicle.

At speeds above ~60mph when i let off the accelerator i began to hear a noise - a hum/whir or whine type of noise. I don't believe this was there before. At slower speeds i hear nothing. It was doing this on different roads - i.e. its not a road surface type of issue.

Any experience shared, or assistance finding the other threads would be welcomed. Its tough for me to get the vehicle to a service center, so If I'm on the verge of another issue - id rather pursue it now!

Could it be this? Mine is going to service in a couple of weeks because the noise is a bit unbearable.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/60mph-motor-humm

I searched around because i know there have been some drivetrain noise reports. All of the posts i found were describing the acceleration noise - however i seem to recall people having issues, and ultimately needing drivetrain components replaced. I couldn't find these threads.

I had an issue that cause my car to get trailered to a service center. Official cause listed as "connectors to the high voltage system were faulting" - and they were replaced. Since i was on a mini road trip and getting some error messages at the same time, i began paying extra attention to the vehicle.

At speeds above ~60mph when i let off the accelerator i began to hear a noise - a hum/whir or whine type of noise. I don't believe this was there before. At slower speeds i hear nothing. It was doing this on different roads - i.e. its not a road surface type of issue.

Any experience shared, or assistance finding the other threads would be welcomed. Its tough for me to get the vehicle to a service center, so If I'm on the verge of another issue - id rather pursue it now!