Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise reduction kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought into the wind noise argument on the M3. It hasn’t been as big an issue on the MY but has anyone tried a noise reduction kit for the doors? Did it make a difference? The particular one I’m looking at is from RPMTesla.

I bought and installed RPM version. I couldn’t tell a difference but my family could, unfortunately after washing the car in my driveway with a garden hose I lost the adhesive on the frunk and front passenger door, so removed from both areas. Also makes my drivers door harder to close, could be installation error by muah... I would not recommend ultimately.

Reactions: preilly44
Don’t recommend RPM’s. I lost the frunk and trunk almost immediately, and the adhesive came off the foam in other areas rather than not sticking to the paint. B pillar pieces were too short (probably from M3 cuts) and didn’t do much except a little more posh door closing “whump”. Never installed the roof seal because the Y already has a flap seal around the roof glass.

I just installed the full noise reduction kit from RPM Tesla on Friday. I purchased the kit two months before getting my late Oct build 2021 MY. If I had known how quiet the recent build MY's were I wouldn't have spent the $$ on the kits. That being said, they (the glass roof gasket and door/trunk/frunk kits) did make some small difference in noise levels. Considering how quiet the factory MY is, the kits may be more effective at keeping dirt/dust out of the door/drunk/frunk sill areas than reducing noise.

FWIW- the "A" pillar seals were about 3" short on both sides, I remember reading there was some sort of issue with them on some of the kits. I called RPM today to get replacement strips.. but I just got their voice mail. They were probably busy after taking a few days off like most of us who had been off for Thanksgiving.