TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Noisy front left wheel

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by culverwood, Aug 14, 2017.

1. culverwood

culverwood Member

I have a wheel that is very noisy every time I turn sharply right. Any idea what it might be?

2. themetz

themetz Member

Wheel bearing?

3. culverwood

culverwood Member

Booked in for repair. I'll know what it was soon.

4. culverwood

culverwood Member

Mini saga continues.

The noise stopped before the service appointment but I agreed with Tesla that it was best to go in for a safety check. The engineer removed the front wheel and checked the parts and they were all OK. He then took it for a test drive and heard a noise. He asked me to go on another test drive and there was no noise. o_O

As all was OK structurally I have taken it back and if the noise reoccurs I will record it and go back but there seemed no point in trying to find a problem when it did not want to be found.

5. DrivingRockies

S or X? X has different size tires in the back. That can cause noise if the tires were rotated incorrectly.

Any chance of mud buildup?

6. culverwood

culverwood Member

S - mud a possibility but his noise on test driving was after he had taken the wheel off and looked at the parts (and presumably removed any mud).