Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my MX now for about 1.5 months and already have over 5k miles on it. Since delivery one of the FWD has made a small plastic popping noise most times when opened fully or closed. I had service look at it and they said they adjusted the plastic and it shouldn't happen any more. Since then it has reoccurred and has even gotten worse. Now both FWD are making this small popping noise and one of the doors is even groaning when it is about 3/4 of the way open to finish opening. I have also had some strange issues with the vehicle during cold weather(20s-30s) like today when the driver side FWD kept detecting an obstacle that was not there. Even with over riding the detection it would not open more then maybe a 1/10th of the way. My son had to climb out of the car from the other side. After messing with the door I noticed that if I opened the door from outside it would start to open but would still only get to about 1/4 then I would have to reach inside and override to get it to open further..what is strange is that this has happened multiple times and when I open from outside I have looked at the center display and it does not say obstacle detected. While overriding the door opens incredibly slowly...it really seems like the motor is straining a lot to open the door and just barely manages. So after saying all of this in your opinion is this worth taking in to service again? The main issue to me is the noisy door as that is nearly constant and it is kind of embarrassing to open the door on a $90k+ car to show someone and have to say just ignore that pop and groan noise...but the secondary issue is that I am concerned there may be something going on with the door motor and it could randomly just stop working. I guess I am really curious if others are having the same kind of issues and if anyone has gotten resolution?

Yes, you should take it back in if this is bothering you. This thread may give you some insight into what's happening. I have had the same issue with mine a few times. The current solution is to put "friction tape" on the plastic sliders. I personally find that a non-permanent solution, but for now it has helped.