Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nokian eNTYRE 2.0 Supplemental Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All! First Post but I think you all should read this! Nokian has a Supplemental Warranty on the eNTYRE 2.0 tires that could get you a free set of tires!!

I picked up my Model 3 AWD in late April 2019. I believe the OEM tires were the Michelin Primacy MXM4. They lasted 14,536 miles and were replaced by Discount Tire on 12/09/2019. On a previous vehicle I had the Nokian WRG3 tires and really liked them but at the time they didn't make them in the 235/45 R18 size so I went with another tire they offered, the eNTYRE 2.0 (all season and 60k mileage warranty). They aren't too bad honestly, they are comparably quite and do well in all weather conditions. I am pleased with how they performed. What I didn't know though is that they have a known issue with tread life. So much so that in February 2016 Consumer Reports called them out for only lasting 35,000 miles in a treadwear test they did (google it). Had I known this I may not have bought the tires. BUT, I am glad I did!! Let me explain....

My tires now have 27,897 miles on them and they are at 3/32 and 4/32. Discount Tire Suggested I replace them. When I started doing the research on tires again I went back to Nokian's website to see if the new WRG4 fit my car, which they do! In reviewing the other tires available I clicked on the eNTRYE 2.0 to see if they still offered them, especially with the low tread life. What I found is Nokian actually has a link to a Supplemental Warranty on just the eNTYRE 2.0 that states if the tread life last less than 50% of the Warranty (60k or 80k) then the cost to replace the tires to the consumer is 0%! I immediately called Discount Tire to discuss. The gentleman I spoke to has been there since the 1980's and he had a hard time believing this was the case. After several days of him calling the Nokian Rep he finally came back to tell me this was indeed true. I could get any new Nokian Tire of equal or greater cost and they would give me credit towards the new tires equal to what I paid for the original eNTYRE 2.0 tires. Basically I can get eh WRG4's for $20 a piece plus installation and taxes!!

As we all know tires go fast on Teslas so if you can find the eNTYRE 2.0 and put them on this Supplemental Warranty is still available, although it can only be used once, so you can't just keep putting eNTYRE 2.0's on each time they wear out.

Anyways, hopefully you all find this helpful and maybe even some of you can take advantage of this Warranty!

Here is a link the the Supplemental Warranty: https://dc602r66yb2n9.cloudfront.ne...ers/Nokian_eNTYRE_2_supplemental_warranty.pdf

Cheers!