TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nokian WRG3 tires

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Lyon, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Our WRG3s have arrived just in time for winter to be over. I'm putting them on later this week. I'll have some notion as to how they drive as compared to the stock Continentals this weekend. They look absurdly wide.

• Like x 1
  2. cantdecide

cantdecide Member

When you are done can you post a list of exactly what you bought, where, how much for the tires and wheels so others can replicate as a package for next winter?

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I have been purchasing my Nokians from TiresByWeb for years (even before they were TiresByWeb).

4. Lyon

I ordered mine from Point S (formerly The Tire Factory) I don't recall what they charging me as I've yet to actually pick the tires up and I ordered them quite some time ago. I do not recall them being cheap. My plan is to simply mount them and drive them year-round. That's the real beauty of the WRG3: it's a true all-weather tire.

5. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Would appreciate hearing how much road noise you get. I took the Michelin "summer" tires off because the road noise was obnoxious and replaced the with the Continental "Conti-Silent" and they are much quieter.

6. Lyon

Finally put them on and will be taking a 200 mile trip tomorrow. I'll report back. While I am going over a mountain pass, I'm unlikely to encounter any snow/ice.

• Like x 1
  7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Excellent. As a fan of these tires I eagerly await your report.

Cheers!

8. Lyon

While I have no objective measures to back this up, the WRG3s seemed much quieter than the Continentals that came on the car. This is especially interesting given that the stock tires had the ContiSilent tech in them (which truly perplexed the guys at the tire store). They handled fantastically for all-seasons and I didn't notice any kind of significant impact on range.

Time will tell how well they hold up on such a heavy vehicle but I think they're going to be great tires. It will be a little while before I have any impressions on them in regards to snow driving.

• Informative x 1
  9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Thanks Lyon! Yeah, probably not a lot of snow left down your way either after this last week. Kept having to check my calendar as I was walking around in my shorts and flip flops. o_O:cool:

• Funny x 1
  10. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

These are wonderful tires and a great year round option for climes that snow in winter. Had them on my daughters car in Utah when she was in college rather than changing from winters to all seasons twice a year.

• Like x 1