Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nomad Review Video and Design Change Details [Video]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Design change [00:53]

The Onvian USB Splitter Cable that Nomad recommended in their letter works just fine powering the Nomad while allowing me to still record dashcam footage. While the splitter states only one side is good for charging, either side can be used for the Nomad (according to the letter Nomad provided).

I know the video was rather lengthy as I usually strive to keep my videos short and to the point. I thought adding a timeline in the beginning would be beneficial to to you in case you don’t have time to watch the entire video.

I recall you could easily move the Jeda wireless mat around and had to use sticky tape to hold it into place (something I wouldn’t prefer), so I’m really happy I don’t have to use sticky tape with the Nomad!

Reactions: dsvick and redscott
Great video, thanks for posting it here. Mine is on order, shipping on 11/30.
As a lot of folks, am not a fan of the battery going away and the price remaining the same. Even a token price change would help. Folks are going for the Taptes which seems like a cheaper rip-off. I may be wrong, I've never seen one in the flesh.

Good stuff Alex!

Had the chance to use it today. I have the Gen 1 version with the battery. I have a Galaxy S9 in an Otterox Defender case. I got an extra 20% charge on a 30 minute drive. My phone case is thick, so I could not close the lid while charging.

Nomad is having a pretty large Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale (up to 30% off most items - sorry, not the Model 3 charging pad).

Here’s a link to their website. I receive a small commission if you buy using my link at no cost to you. If you don’t want to use my link I’ve also posted their direct link as well. Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

My commission link (thanks!):
NOMAD® | Cases & Accessories | Official Store

Their direct link:
NOMAD® | Cases & Accessories | Official Store

iPhone XS Max Cases: (All Currently In Stock!)
  • Rugged Leather: MSRP $45 // BF price: $31.5
  • Tri Folio: MSRP: $79.95 // BF price: $59
  • Folio Style: MSRP: $59.95 // BF Price: $42
iPhone XR Cases: (Most in stock)
  • Tri Folio: MSRP: $79.95 // BF price: $59
  • Folio Style: MSRP: $59.95 // BF Price: $42
iPhone XS Cases - most on pre order, waiting to see how order fulfilment goes on Monday.
Apple Watch Straps - Tons of options available, highlights below
Cables - Tons of options available, highlighting a few below
  • Expedition Cable - Our newest, and most durable cable yet
    • MSRP: $34.95 // BF: $24.5
  • Shorty Universal Cable - My personal favorite
    • MSRP: $29.95 // BF: $21
  • Nomad Key: - Always a very popular stocking stuffer
    • MSRP: $24.95 // BF: $17.5
  • Battery Cable: - The high tech charging cable w/ built in battery
    • MSRP: 49.95 // BF: $34.95
Power - Wireless and battery
  • PowerPack - The Battery with Tile tracking builtin - Always a popular sale / gift item
    • MSRP: $119 // BF: $83.95
  • Wireless Stand - wireless charging for your desk or bedside
    • MSRP: $59.95 // BF: $41.95
  • Wallets: - A few different options here, they do well every holiday season
  • Mousepad - just an awesome leather mousepad!
    • MSRP: $59.95 // BF: $41.95