Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nomad Wireless Charger for Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling a used Nomad Wireless Charger for Tesla Model 3. I used this for the past 3 years to charge my phone, and so it has some light scuff marks, but other than that it is fully functioning.

2x USB-A ports and I have included a USB-A port splitter if you would like (for use with USB sticks for dashcam/music).

$20 for local pickup in SF Bay Area. Add $9.65 (Priority Mail padded envelope) for shipping

Attachments

• PXL_20220327_010509498.jpg
    PXL_20220327_010509498.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 137
  • PXL_20220327_011152833.jpg
    PXL_20220327_011152833.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 111
  • PXL_20220327_011208205.jpg
    PXL_20220327_011208205.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 89
Selling a used Nomad Wireless Charger for Tesla Model 3. I used this for the past 3 years to charge my phone, and so it has some light scuff marks, but other than that it is fully functioning.

2x USB-A ports and I have included a USB-A port splitter if you would like (for use with USB sticks for dashcam/music).

$20 for local pickup in SF Bay Area. Add $9.65 (Priority Mail padded envelope) for shipping
I'll take this off your hands and will pay for shipping.

Been using this with splitter for a couple of years in our 2018 Model 3. Then in November we started to have USB failures, ie. stopped working intermittently. Then stopped working completely in December. Tesla mobile came out, did some reset of the 'USB controller' and it worked again for a month. (Note: We did resets of the actual car ourselves and that didn't make any difference).

After 2 mobile visits and a SC visit (Dedham) they told us the problem was the USB Splitter and we should stop using that. So now we have a choice of 2 USB's for the nomad and no USB-Dashcam or left side of the Nomad only and USB-Dashcam.

This sounds like crap to me from Tesla. Anyone else got any experience with this?

Been using this with splitter for a couple of years in our 2018 Model 3. Then in November we started to have USB failures, ie. stopped working intermittently. Then stopped working completely in December. Tesla mobile came out, did some reset of the 'USB controller' and it worked again for a month. (Note: We did resets of the actual car ourselves and that didn't make any difference).

After 2 mobile visits and a SC visit (Dedham) they told us the problem was the USB Splitter and we should stop using that. So now we have a choice of 2 USB's for the nomad and no USB-Dashcam or left side of the Nomad only and USB-Dashcam.

This sounds like crap to me from Tesla. Anyone else got any experience with this?
I had similar intermittent loss of USB power with Nomad. I had at least 5 visits and cables were blamed twice. Eventually I removed the Nomad and tested with two identical SSDs and two identical separate cables demonstrating an ongoing problem unrelated to the cable or SSD. The USB hub was replaced without improvement. Eventually the MCU was replaced under warranty. I am back to using my Nomad pad without issue now but I only plug in one side and use the other for SSD. I have separate cable in backseat and 12V USB adapter for faster charging if needed.

Reactions: NicB72