Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nomad wireless charger, new or old?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I just checked my email, apparently after the Nov 4th deadline for choosing. Below is my response. How unfortunate imo.

After I complete this email I will then complete the included form you sent. I would like to be professional but clear...I ordered the version 1 with an integrated battery. That was what lead me to your product and was a differentiating factor in my decision. I do not want the version 2 without a battery. I don't make it a habit to check my email every day as I have far more important things that I value. Furthermore, when speaking about values I enjoy doing business with a company that stands behind their sale and commitment. I did not purchase your product without a battery and I certainly did not purchase your product with an integrated steel slab and expect to pay a price premium for a product that I thought stood out in the crowd. If you cannot offer the version 1 charging pad, than please accept this email as my formal request for cancellation.

Again I'm not trying to be rude. But it's not my favorite thing to sign into my email only to find out a product I ordered is being changed without my permission.

That's not good business.

Best Regards,

I ordered mine on Sep 30 and they are just now sending it to me after I sent them an email asking what was going on because I was supposed to get it shipped in October.

I never got an email asking if I wanted V1 or V2, I even asked the person who emailed me back after my query about where my product was and she never responded to that question.

Is there a way to tell what version you get from looking at the box or the charger itself?

Since Nomad is not reducing their price for version 2, I cancelled my order and surprisingly they responded by text and email within one minute of my cancellation request. I have decided to try the Taptes charger $50 which is identical in looks and also produced in China like the Nomad.

• Helpful
Reactions: WierdMobile
Well good news, they actually responded and I am getting V1 even though I am supposedly after the cutoff for that decision. Thankfully this works out and I'll keep my order. I just wasn't a big fan of them "upgrading" me without consent to V2 becuase it seems to me V2 has absolutely not benefit over V1...Hopefully they wise up, I thought having the extra battery was a novel idea. I like my phone charging while the car is parked for example. Best of luck to you all.

Mine arrived the other day (ver 1)and included a $5 bill and a QR code to scan which leads to amazon link to usb splitter. The note said they are giving $5 to buy splitter
Mine arrive today with exactly this. I still don't know if I have a non-battery version. How can you tell?
My UPC code is 855848007441 SKU NM30110A00

EDIT: I answered my own question. The underside of the charging unit will state what the battery mAh rating is. It turns out I have a battery unit.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rev-777
Mine arrive today with exactly this. I still don't know if I have a non-battery version. How can you tell?
My UPC code is 855848007441 SKU NM30110A00

EDIT: I answered my own question. The underside of the charging unit will state what the battery mAh rating is. It turns out I have a battery unit.

Yep, mine arrived today and I got $5 as well. And I took a shot of the back of the Nomad where it clearly states that it has a 6000mAh battery in it.

413194D2-3B5D-4A89-9CBE-79C7685766D1.jpeg

330EAC36-814C-42C0-A36F-32B376AB7EC9.jpeg

Attachments

• 85A3FDDD-4B6C-4057-9604-127AB2AA2B8B.jpeg
    85A3FDDD-4B6C-4057-9604-127AB2AA2B8B.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 83
I received my Nomad after a very long wait today - I initially plugged in both ports directly into the car and it worked! So I added my flashdrive using the Onivan splitter they recommenced. Once I hooked up the splitter, neither the USB was recognize nor the nomad was powered. As soon as I disconnected the Nomad from the USB splitter, the USB drive was recognized (and it goes offline once I plug the Nomad back in). And now the Nomad isn’t functioning at all, even when plugged in directly to the car.

Also I got the letter with the money.

Im not sure the the back of the charger is enough to know if the battery is inside? The CS rep told me the V2 will still have a 'metal' plate inside in place of the battery to keep the same weight and feel ... could the same shell be used for both v1 and v2?

I received my Nomad after a very long wait today - I initially plugged in both ports directly into the car and it worked! So I added my flashdrive using the Onivan splitter they recommenced. Once I hooked up the splitter, neither the USB was recognize nor the nomad was powered. As soon as I disconnected the Nomad from the USB splitter, the USB drive was recognized (and it goes offline once I plug the Nomad back in). And now the Nomad isn’t functioning at all, even when plugged in directly to the car.

Also I got the letter with the money.
not the feedback I was hoping for.. I was going to buy that splitter.

I received my Nomad a few days ago. I also have the battery unit . Reads 6000mAh (22.2 wh)
I'm being patient with the dash cam . Tesla will improve how the current set up works. Probably will improve to the point that all footage can be transferred and saved in the Tesla App on your phone. Much better way of doing it.