Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nomination no. 1 Tesla music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Weekly I shop in the Stop & Shop Richman wrote mentioned in this song.

I'd still choose O.M.D. ★ Tesla Girls ★ - YouTube (I have two daughter's)
or OMD- Electricity - YouTube
But for my first ride I chose this song: New Fast Automatic Daffodils Im set free - YouTube (I prefer this version to the original)
(Set free from BIG OIL!)

My fav Tesla driving music.... usually electronica of some kind, especially:

"You Don't Know Me" by Apparat - Apparat-You Dont Know Me - YouTube

"Strobe" by Deadmau5 - deadmau5 - Strobe - YouTube

If I'm driving around at night, I'll play anything by Grouper. "Alien Observer" - Grouper - YouTube

Lately, I've been blasting:

"Elastic Heart" by Sia Sia - Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf Maddie Ziegler (Official Video) - YouTube (video is slightly NSFW)

"Take Me To Church" by Hozier - Hozier - Take Me To Church - YouTube (video also NSFW)

"Sea Lion Woman" by Feist - Feist - Sea Lion Woman - YouTube

I also love anything by The National. "Fake Empire" The National - Fake Empire - YouTube

The Slacker > Chill Out - [no vocals] station is also awesome in general.

I wore a white denim jacket to work today. 2 "friends", independently, made fun of it. One referred to the 80's wanting it back, until I threatened to go all Sonny Crockett on his #$%.

Anyhoo, on the way home it put me in the mood for some 80's alternative, and a song came up I had totally forgotten about. It was perfect for my car:

Electric Blue by Icehouse

I really like this thread. I'm new to the S and I only figured out voice command search for slacker last week. Love the car even more.

For me, Giorgio Moroder, in particular,

The Chase Giorgio Moroder - Midnight Express long theme - YouTube
Utopia Giorgio Moroder - Utopia - YouTube

You may not recognize his name, but you're almost certain to know the first song. Moroder wrote this music in '76 and like Tesla was at least a decade ahead of his time. He's a car lover as well... perhaps he has a Tesla himself.

Love Red Barchetta and have seen Rush at least 8 times in concert but I don't think it fits:
"I fire up the willing engine
Responding with a roar"
"Wind
In my hair
Shifting and drifting
Mechanical music
Adrenaline surge...

Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air"

Reminds me more of my Dodge Viper, but it wasn't red. I vote for Computer Liebe by Kraftwerk

Yes! Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" was Moroder, and an absolute favorite of mine!

That is an amazing song! I was listening to it in the car as well that first day, and was right on the fence of putting that up there with the other two. I was sad to see Slacker doesn't let you play the same song over again as much as you like. I think I could ride with those three for a couple of hours, maybe even eight hours straight when I head north to visit family. If anyone knows how to repeat a song with Slacker as much as you like, please let me know!

Wow, a lot of my favorites have been covered. How about Steppenwolf (Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride) although my favorite is the live version of Monster? If you think the Model S is a plane without wings then Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly.

For those with a P85D I submit the The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again at about 7:45 into the song when flooring it from a standing start. www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q