Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Authorized Charge for FSD Upgrade [Resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard of someone being charged for upgrade they didn't purchase within app? I own a 2016.5 Model S refresh born on 11/16 that I acquired with FSD .
The original sticker price was 111k fully loaded with the exception of air suspension and rear facing seats. Navigate on Auto Pilot, Auto Summon, Park Assist etc. has been on my car since the updates got pushed out. My local service center said I would receive new complementary chip/computer replacing my 2.0 hardware to 3.0. . After 4 months of getting the run around, I asked to speak to a manager who informed me that I would not receive free upgrade because my car was not purchased through Tesla.

Yesterday the new service manager said back in the day FSD was displayed on window sticker but it really was just "Enhanced Auto Pilot". Has anyone heard that?
When I login to my account it confirms car was ordered with FSD standard then shows April 11th I purchased FSD for $5,000. I rarely use my app unless I forgot or misplace my key.

When I called support to explain I didn't authorize purchase they said well someone did from my phone and refused to issue a refund. I am shocked at the way they are handling this situation. Worst part is, nearly their entire staff has quit so everyone is fairly new. I reached out to a two previous employees and they said that was a major reason they left. It appears Tesla is looking for ways to generated additional revenue while promises and misinformation is being pushed out to customers on their behalf.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like some sort of glitch that was fortunately corrected quickly. It doesn't always work out that way.

I'm not sure what the service manager is talking about. At the time your car was new in 11/16, EAP was a $5k option and FSD was an additional $3k option and each would've appeared as individual line items on the window sticker. It is possible that EAP and/or FSD was removed/deactivated at some point but short of that, FSD didn't mean just EAP.

Upvote 0
Sounds like some sort of glitch that was fortunately corrected quickly. It doesn't always work out that way.

I'm not sure what the service manager is talking about. At the time your car was new in 11/16, EAP was a $5k option and FSD was an additional $3k option and each would've appeared as individual line items on the window sticker. It is possible that EAP and/or FSD was removed/deactivated at some point but short of that, FSD didn't mean just EAP.
the FSD option seems to be increasing with the improvements they are making leading up to release.....the closer they get, the more expensive it will be

Upvote 0
the FSD option seems to be increasing with the improvements they are making leading up to release.....the closer they get, the more expensive it will be

There have been price increases since late 2016 ($8k when combining EAP and FSD to $10k today which includes EAP/FSD) but there is also a subscription option that is expected to be announced soon. No word on pricing yet.

Upvote 0
There have been price increases since late 2016 ($8k when combining EAP and FSD to $10k today which includes EAP/FSD) but there is also a subscription option that is expected to be announced soon. No word on pricing yet.
well, we will see....my CT was 7K I think and when delivery time comes hopefully it will stay the same.....ordered on reveal night.....number is 46,140

Upvote 0