Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-black base interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

plankeye

That Vegan EV Guy
Feb 4, 2016
Frisco, TX
Who else hopes that they offer a non-black base interior option for the M3? I'm just tired of all car mfgs only offering black as an option for the base interior, or for any interior, in some cases.

We had a 2011 Kia Sportage, largely because they offered a taupe-colored interior that looked great and didn't show EVERY bit of dust, skin (ick), etc..

I also had a 2005 Civic that I loved that had a camel-colored interior. It was awesome! You like never had to vacuum it!

Yes, I'm ordering a base M3. If I had $60-$70K to spend on a car, I'd probably already have an MS. Although I do like a smaller car.

Who else hopes that they offer a non-black base interior option for the M3
Elon agrees with you.

@elonmusk's Tweet: ...@TeslaMotors That said, the white interior is the best. Highly recommend.

Coming from someone who very much hopes he can afford the white interior, because it looks like the future, I'd be thrilled if there was a white option with the base model, but to your point, plankeye, which Elon's comments - seeing as they're about a leather interior upgrade - don't really help with, it would be really nice to see a non-black base interior option, though I'd suspect if we get ANYTHING else, we'd get grey. My current car (Hyundai Sonata) has a grey cloth interior. It's fine. I don't think much of it. I'd love to challenge Tesla to push the limits of excitement as it pertains to a base interior, because, black or otherwise, it's generally quite boring. Here's hoping we see something that satisfies you, and maybe that long ball shot that I can afford the "future" Elon so highly recommends.

I think the white looks cool, but am afraid of it getting dirty really easily. Especially if it is a cloth fabric. I agree that gray isn't a great option either. Unless, like i said, it leans toward the brown side, making it more of a taupe.

The other reason I don't want the leather is because I'm a vegan. I will have to special order the interior for my M3 to get the vegan option, which means no leather on the steering wheel or anywhere else there are leather accents.

I don't care all that much about colors. Having said that, no white (my parents drove white cars my entire childhood, and I got sick of white cars at a young age).

I like black, black next-gen, carbon fiber, tinted windows. I call it the "Darth Vader" look. I also like British Racing Green (real BRG, not the old Tesla green - too dark; almost black) with tan interior - a classic old British roadster scheme.

I don't care all that much about colors. Having said that, no white (my parents drove white cars my entire childhood, and I got sick of white cars at a young age).

I like black, black next-gen, carbon fiber, tinted windows. I call it the "Darth Vader" look. I also like British Racing Green (real BRG, not the old Tesla green - too dark; almost black) with tan interior - a classic old British roadster scheme.

+1
I'd love a British Racing Green. Miss that color from my JCW Mini Cooper days...

Black is just too boring. It just fades into the background. You spend all that money and you barely notice any of the cool design. I'd LOVE to get White but it'd get easily dirty and i live where there's lots of snow. Can't imagine how easily dirty it'd get. I'm hoping for a darker brown.