Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-cash referral prizes in Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla customer service is telling me that this Xmas will be an Xmas where my son does not get the Radio Flyer Tesla Model S I promised him. I was following up on my referral prize (been a couple of months now) and here is what they said:

Your state does not allow referral participation due to certain laws. Your documents should states [sic] that you are not eligible.​

My understanding is that this restriction only applies to cash rewards -- can someone please verify and recommend my next steps? I gotta get that mini S (for freebie)!

Tesla customer service is telling me that this Xmas will be an Xmas where my son does not get the Radio Flyer Tesla Model S I promised him. I was following up on my referral prize (been a couple of months now) and here is what they said:

Your state does not allow referral participation due to certain laws. Your documents should states [sic] that you are not eligible.​

My understanding is that this restriction only applies to cash rewards -- can someone please verify and recommend my next steps? I gotta get that mini S (for freebie)!
No, so sorry. Some states outlawed any type of compensation - cash or material goods.