Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non EAP Touchscreen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If autopilot is not purchased, does the display still show your car, lanes, and other detected vehicles under the speedometer? If not, what is shown in its place? It would be really helpful to still have that feature without EAP once the adjacent lane vehicle display is added.

Attachments

• tesla-model-3-screen-ac-autopilot-simulator.jpg
    tesla-model-3-screen-ac-autopilot-simulator.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 156
If autopilot is not purchased, does the display still show your car, lanes, and other detected vehicles under the speedometer? If not, what is shown in its place? It would be really helpful to still have that feature without EAP once the adjacent lane vehicle display is added.

Yup...you still see the cars & lane markings. Basically you see everything except the steering wheel to enable autopilot.

Yup...you still see the cars & lane markings. Basically you see everything except the steering wheel to enable autopilot.

Exactly, even the Autopilot menu is in the settings of non-EAP cars like mine.

My 2-week EAP trial ended last Friday, it will not be missed but all it added was the blue wheel icon and the "P' auto park icon which almost never was available.

got it - anyone out there that didn't purchase EAP have the trial know how you can tell when the trial will expire?
When I had the trial, there was a text readout in the Autopilot menu that showed days remaining on the trial, and an option to purchase. It did not give an exact expiration time, so it's difficult to tell exactly (hours/minutes) how much longer you have once you get towards the end.

If you go to the Autopilot menu, it should be pretty obvious that you're in a trial period. If you can't tell from the menu, then Tesla may have accidentally activated it permanently for your car.

Reactions: financeGuyPA
When I had the trial, there was a text readout in the Autopilot menu that showed days remaining on the trial, and an option to purchase. It did not give an exact expiration time, so it's difficult to tell exactly (hours/minutes) how much longer you have once you get towards the end.

If you go to the Autopilot menu, it should be pretty obvious that you're in a trial period. If you can't tell from the menu, then Tesla may have accidentally activated it permanently for your car.

I'll look more closely when I'm back at my car later today, but I don't recall seeing anysuch text on my Autopilot menu.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't get deactivated during my next OTA update. ;)

(I would still pay for it, these features are superb and I'm utilizing them quite a bit so far.)