Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non fault accident repair advice sought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Someone rear ended me while I was still the other night. I have the footage, other party has admitted fault.

As the other car was low (fiesta), it only appears to have damaged the rear bumper and has put a ripple in the bottom corner of the boot lid, but they did seem to hit me quite hard which propelled my car forwards 1-2 car lengths. I was surprised not to see more external damage which makes me think more underneath.

The car is only 9 months old and I've not been hit for a long time so appreciate some advice. My options are.

1. Party at fault's insurer has offered to complete the repair, tesla hire car and a cash incentive. (doesn't appear the safest option so far).
2. My insurer offered me a repair at a tesla approved body repair centre which is 22 miles away named Parkway Prestige in Manchester , + a hire car from Auxillis.
Bodyshop seem to have good reviews and at least I could nip down and resolve any issues as they are local.
3. Do I contact Tesla Collision Centre in Dartford, assuming that the transportation costs will be covered by third party insurer to transport the car. Issue here is I wont see the car and will be more difficult if im not happy to resolve issues.

I'm also worried if any damage to battery and warranty issues later if I don't send to tesla themselves in Dartford, or does a tesla approved centre mitigate that. What do you think?

Bent cars get fixed all the time. Bodywork is bodywork. The only difference with Teslas is possible access to programming and the peculiarities of where all the controls are. A Tesla approved shop should have the latter figured out. My S had front end damage fixed a few months ago by an approved shop and the results were immaculate. I'm sure they’ll be able to assess whether the battery might be compromised - if only 'cos they wouldn't want that going off in their shop...
Having the car flat-bedded has some risks too.

For a no fault claim my insurer at the time used Fylde Coast Accident Repair Centre in Blackpool (Tesla approved). They provided exemplary service with daily updates and telephone follow-up after the car had been delivered back to ensure I was satisfied. All costs were picked up by the third party insurer.

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Reactions: Roger20